Sheet Pan Salmon with Lemon-Dill Yogurt Sauce
and asparagus / bulgur
Lemon-Dill Yogurt Sauce:
- Garlic - 1 clove , chopped
- Dill, fresh - 1/2 tsp , finely chopped
- Capers - 2 tsp , drained and rinsed
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 3/4 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/4 tsp
Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus:
- Vinegar, white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Asparagus - 1 bunch , trimmed
- Parchment paper - for roasting
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Bulgur, uncooked - 3/4 cup
- Make marinade - Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, mustard, and oregano (portion for salmon). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Marinate salmon - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating while salmon marinates.) Add salmon to marinade, turn to coat and then leave salmon flesh-side down in marinade for 20 minutes.
- Cook bulgur - (Double if making Wednesday’s meal.) Combine bulgur with 2x the amount of water (or use stock if you prefer) in a saucepan. Add in some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make sauce - (Double if making Wednesday’s meal.) Chop garlic and dill. Combine garlic, dill, capers, yogurt, lemon juice, and oregano (portion for sauce). Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Asparagus - Trim asparagus. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place asparagus on one half of sheet pan. Place salmon skin side-down on the other half of sheet pan (discard marinade). Brush asparagus with cooking oil. Season salmon and asparagus with some salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven until asparagus is tender and salmon flakes easily with a fork, 12 to 15 minutes. (Timing will vary depending on the thickness of salmon and asparagus; remove one from the pan if it finishes early.)
- If bulgur was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve salmon and asparagus over bulgur. Enjoy yogurt sauce over everything. (Remember to reserve half of the bulgur and half of the yogurt sauce if making Wednesday’s meal.)