with raspberry bellini / fruit salad
Smarts: Feel free to skip the raspberry bellini if you'd prefer. You can also make a non-alcoholic / kid-friendly version by using sparkling apple cider.
- Chives - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Eggs - 6
- Heavy cream - 3 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Croissants, large - 4, sliced lengthwise
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, thinly sliced
- Avocados - 1, thinly sliced
- Cheese, any variety like Swiss or cheddar - 4 slices
- Berries, any type - 3 cups, sliced if using strawberries
- Kiwis - 3, peeled and chopped
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Poppy seeds (opt) - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Raspberries, fresh or frozen - 2 cups, reserve a few whole raspberries to garnish drinks
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Prosecco, sparkling wine, or sparkling apple cider - 4 cups, chilled
- Raspberry puree - Prepare raspberries by mashing them with a fork or blending with an immersion blender, adding some water if needed. (Remember to reserve a few whole berries for garnish.) If you want a seedless raspberry puree, you can press the puree through a fine mesh strainer. Combine raspberry puree and lemon juice (portion for bellinis). (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Berries / Kiwis - Prep as directed and combine.
- Croissants / Tomatoes / Avocados / Chives - Prep as directed.
- Eggs - Whisk together eggs, cream, salt, and black pepper.
- Divide raspberry puree between glasses or champagne flutes. Drop reserved raspberries on top. Set aside.
- Gently stir together berries (for fruit salad), kiwis, lemon juice (for fruit salad), poppy seeds, and honey. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Set out croissants, tomatoes, and avocados so that you are ready to assemble sandwiches as soon as the eggs are done cooking.
- Heat a nonstick pan with butter over low-medium heat. Add eggs and scramble gently (for very soft, tender scrambled eggs, leave the heat fairly low and let the eggs cook slowly) until just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- As soon as eggs are cooked, remove the pan from heat and gently fold in chives. Top warm eggs with cheese slices and let sit for a minute until cheese is melted.
- Toast croissants.
- Assemble sandwiches by filling croissants with tomatoes, eggs, and avocados.
- Pour prosecco into glasses with raspberry puree.
- Serve sandwiches with fruit salad and bellinis on the side. Enjoy!
Used fresh raspberries for the Bellinis and they were a bit tart, especially after eating the fruit salad. But the sandwiches were great!0 Helpful
This is the first meal in WEEKS that my child has liked every single aspect of, so that alone means 5 stars. I added bacon, because all breakfast sandwiches are better with bacon. This was perfection.0 Helpful
Super flavourful and fast and easy to prepare.0 Helpful
Super yummy, fast & easy. Didn't do bellinis but everything else was delicious!0 Helpful
I felt like this was a lot of work for brunch (I would usually just fry an egg for an egg sandwich, for example), but everything was so good and bellinis were a real treat.0 Helpful
Very tasty! We didn't bother with the bellinis or the fruit so we just had it with a salad. We used leftover mozzarella for the sandwiches which was an excellent choice.0 Helpful