Lamb Chop with Cilantro Mint Sauce
and roasted cauliflower / bulgur
Lamb Chops with Roasted Cauliflower:
- Cauliflower - 1 head , florets
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Lamb loin chops - 4 (sub pork chops or your favorite cut of steak)
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- Cilantro leaves - 1/4 cup , packed
- Mint, fresh - 1/4 cup , packed
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/4 cup
- Ginger, fresh - 1 tsp , grated
- Garlic - 1 clove , peeled
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Bulgur, uncooked - 1 cup
- Cook bulgur - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Combine bulgur with 2x the amount of water (or use stock if you prefer) in a saucepan. Add in some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cauliflower - Chop into florets. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make cilantro-mint sauce - Combine lemon juice, cilantro leaves, mint leaves, yogurt, ginger, garlic, salt, and honey. Blend using a standing blender or immersion blender until nearly smooth. Add some water, if needed, to help the sauce blend. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lamb - Tenderize with a fork. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss cauliflower with olive oil and some salt. Spread out on a sheet pan. Roast, turning with a spatula halfway through cooking, until tender and golden brown, ~30 minutes.
- When cauliflower is about halfway through roasting, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then lamb chops. Put the chops in the pan with the fat facing down and cook until the fat renders and becomes crisp (it’s okay if the chops are touching during this step), 4 to 5 minutes. Then sear on all sides until lamb chops are golden brown and cooked to your liking (130F / 54C degrees for medium-rare, 140F / 60C for medium, and 150F / 66C degrees for well-done).
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
- If bulgur was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve lamb over bulgur with cauliflower on the side. Give sauce a good stir and serve over everything. Enjoy!