with rice / mango and cashew chopped salad
- Ginger, fresh - 1 tsp, grated
- Peanut butter - 1/4 cup (creamy preferred, but crunchy will work)
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 3 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Sriracha - 1 Tbsp, more or less to taste
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Rice, uncooked white or brown - 1 cup
- Tofu, extra-firm - 16 oz, 1/2” / 1.3 cm cubes (vacuum-packed preferable)
- Cilantro leaves - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cucumbers - 6 oz, diced
- Mixed greens - 5 oz
- Mangos, fresh - 1, chopped
- Cashews - 1/3 cup
- Tofu - If tofu is packaged in water, press out liquid first, like in this video. Then slice into 1/2” / 1.3 cm thick cubes. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Rice - For white rice, rinse until clear. Fill a saucepan or Dutch oven (or rice cooker) with rice, water (use 2:1 ratio for water to rice), and some salt. Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Once water boils, stir, lower heat to a low-medium, and cover. Check white rice after ~20 min; brown at ~45 min. Rice is done when it's absorbed all the water. If it's not done, leave the cover on until all water has been absorbed. Take cover off to release steam and fluff with a wooden spoon after 5 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make glaze for tofu - Chop cilantro. Whisk together cilantro, soy sauce (portion for tofu), toasted sesame oil, honey, and lime juice (portions for tofu). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make dressing - (Skip if dressing was made ahead for Monday.) Grate ginger. Soften peanut butter in the microwave for ~30 seconds. Mix with ginger, soy sauce (portion for dressing), rice vinegar, honey (portion for dressing), cooking oil (portion for dressing), Sriracha (or other hot sauce), and lime juice (portion for dressing). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Lettuce / Mangos - Prep as directed and combine.
- Heat a large skillet or nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil (portion for tofu) and then tofu. Sear tofu on all sides until light golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- Pour glaze over tofu and continue cooking until tofu has soaked it up, ~2 minutes more.
- If rice was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Toss together lettuce, cucumbers, mangos, and cashews. Drizzle with salad dressing.
- Serve tofu over rice with salad on the side. Enjoy!
Made 16 serving of peanut sauce. Only used 1/2 the suggested amount of ginger and siracha. So delicious. Defiantly make big batches.0 Helpful
Delicious marinade!!0 Helpful
I really like the first version of this with the simple dressing/marinade. My family gobbles it up every time!0 Helpful
Easy and tasty. I cooked bone-in thighs on the stove. I kind of would have liked a pan sauce for the chicken and rice. My husband put the dressing on his.0 Helpful
Pretty good. Wish I'd baked the tofu instead. I just really prefer how the baked tofu tends to turn out, and much less messy. And just like the salad earlier this week, the peanut dressing was the real winner!0 Helpful
Delicious! I forgot to put the cashews in it so I had those as a snack afterwards. I made extra chicken and rice for lunch tomorrow.0 Helpful