Hoisin Noodles with Shrimp
with carrots / snap peas
Hoisin sauce gives these noodles a mix of sweet and savory flavor all in a quick and easy meal that comes together in one pan. (We can't believe it's been five years since we last featured this meal!)
Hoisin Noodles with Shrimp:
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1/4 cup
- Hoisin sauce - 1/4 cup
- Peanut butter - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Sriracha (opt) - 1 tsp
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Snap peas / sugar snap peas - 6 oz , trimmed (sub snow peas)
- Peanuts - 1/2 cup , chopped
- Carrots - 8 oz , shredded (look for pre-shredded to save time)
- Limes - 1 , wedges
- Rice noodles - 8 oz (sub soba)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Shrimp - Defrost, pat dry, and season with some salt and pepper.
- Make sauce - Chop garlic. Whisk together garlic, soy sauce, Hoisin, peanut butter, vinegar, sesame oil, Sriracha (if using), and water. Taste; if it’s too salty, add more water; if it's too sweet, add more soy sauce. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Snap peas / Peanuts - Prep as directed and store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Carrots - If not using pre-shredded carrots, use a box grater or food processor to shred. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Limes - Slice into wedges.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Heat a saute pan or wok with oil over medium-high heat. When oil begins to shimmer add snap peas and carrots. Saute until carrots begin to soften, ~1 minute. Add shrimp and saute until shrimp is opaque, ~3 to 4 minutes (depending on size).
- Add sauce and cook until it begins to simmer and thicken, ~2 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from heat and add noodles, tossing to coat. Top with peanuts and a squeeze of lime juice. Serve with extra lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!