Turkey Sausage and Scrambled Eggs
with fruit parfait
- Eggs - 8
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
Fruit and Coconut Yogurt Parfait:
- Coconut Yogurt, paleo-friendly - 1 1/2 cups
- Berries, fresh or frozen - 1 cup , chopped if using large pieces of fruit; defrosted if frozen
Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage:
- Sage, fresh - 3 leaves , finely chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Thyme, dried - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Ground turkey - 1 lb
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Make sausage seasoning - Finely chop sage and garlic. Combine sage, garlic, dried thyme, and salt (portion for sausage). (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make sausage patties - Combine turkey and sausage seasoning until evenly combined (it’s easiest to do this with your hands). Form into 4 even patties (for 4 servings; adjust if customizing). Form a depression in the center of each patty with your thumb (this will prevent them from rounding in the middle). (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make parfaits - Divide coconut yogurt between glasses or small serving bowls. Top with berries.
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with salt and pepper.
- Heat a nonstick pan with oil over medium heat. Add sausage patties to heated oil and sear on both sides until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total. Set aside, covered to keep warm.
- To heated pan add butter and swirl in the pan until melted. Pour eggs over melted butter. Scramble, stirring gently with a spatula, until cooked to your liking, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Serve scrambled eggs with sausage patties and some hot sauce if you’d like. Enjoy parfait on the side.