Rotisserie Chicken Ranch Wraps
with carrot sticks
Smarts: If you like your salads with extra dressing (or just want some more to serve with carrots for dipping on the side), this ranch dressing is a great one to double.
- Cilantro - 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Chives (opt) - 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Mayonnaise - 2 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/4 cup
- Vinegar, white wine - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Dill, dried - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 1/8 tsp
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2, shredded
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, finely chopped
- Cucumbers - 10 oz, diced
- Cheese, shredded cheddar - 4 oz
- Wraps, large and gluten-free - 4 (like gluten-free burrito-sized tortillas)
- Carrots - 8 oz, sliced into sticks
- Rotisserie chicken - (Skip if meat was already shredded.) Take meat off the bone and shred. Use a knife and fork or your hands. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Carrots - Slice carrots into sticks for dipping. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make ranch dressing - Finely chop cilantro and chives. Whisk together mayonnaise and yogurt. Add vinegar, lemon juice, and oil one at a time while whisking. Stir cilantro, chives, dill, garlic powder, and sugar into dressing. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Cucumbers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together chicken, lettuce, cucumbers, and cheese. Add half the ranch dressing (reserve other half) and toss until well combined. (Note: If made ahead, the dressing may have thickened. You can thin it out with a tiny splash of water if needed.) Season salad with some salt and pepper.
- Divide salad between wraps. Fold / roll wraps to tightly enclose filling.
- Serve wraps with carrot sticks and remaining ranch dressing for dipping. Enjoy!
I can’t explain how much I LOVED this!!!! Loved every bit of it.0 Helpful
Meal prep this weekend meant this was quick and easy. And a nice, healthy twist on egg salad. Added extra sliced veggies and a salad on the side because I was nervous it wouldn't be enough.0 Helpful
I never knew that I could love egg salad. Like it? Sure. But this dressing and the crisp lettuce and cucumbers made it much more interesting to me. My sometimes egg-cautious kid also gobbled his up gleefully.0 Helpful
Not a fan of homemade ranch in general but really happy with this! Balsamic vinegar turned it an unfortunate color.0 Helpful
Like others have said, this came together quickly and was perfect for a Friday night, when we’re all tired! For the ranch dressing, I was generous with the cilantro and chives (prob about 1T of each for a 3 person serving size) and had a good result. I don’t love bottled ranch and this fresh ranch made me think that this is how ranch should taste! Forgot to add the sugar, but didn’t feel it was needed. I grilled chicken and chopped it up - rather than shred rotisserie chicken. I actually had leftover cilantro sauce from the recent Peruvian chicken that I used as a marinade. After reading the reviews, I added some sliced grape tomatoes and diced red onion to the wrap filling. Also used extra sharp cheddar cheese and cut it in small cubes rather than shred it. I gave all the ingredients to my toddler without sauce in a deconstructed version, with the ranch for him to dip on the side. He didn’t go for the ranch but was also tired and grumpy when we were eating.0 Helpful
I really didn't like this. The dressing was bland and the wraps were unsatisfying.0 Helpful