[Leftover] Hawaiian Pulled Pork Salad
with pineapple / cashews / bell peppers
With leftover pulled pork from Monday's meal, this tropical salad comes together fast. This salad is the same as the one featured in 2018 but we added avocados this time around for more substance.
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , diced
- Pineapple, fresh or canned - 1 cup , chopped
- Lettuce, romaine hearts - 2 , chopped (sub any salad greens)
- Avocados - 1 , cubed
- Slow Cooker Hoisin Pork (leftover from Monday) - ~3 cups
- Cashews - 1/2 cup
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 2 tsp
- Chili garlic sauce - 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds, white (opt) - 1 Tbsp
Bell peppers - Dice bell peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make vinaigrette - Combine honey, aminos, vinegar, cooking oil, toasted sesame oil, and chili garlic sauce. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Pineapple / Lettuce - Prep as directed. (If using canned pineapple, drain and rinse.) Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Avocados - Cube avocados.
Warm vinaigrette in the microwave or in a small saucepan over medium heat, whisking frequently, until honey is dissolved. Stir in sesame seeds. Set aside.
Heat leftover pork in the microwave.
Assemble salads by tossing lettuce, pineapple, bell peppers, and avocados with vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Top with pork and cashews. Enjoy!