Spinach, Mushroom, and Feta Frittata
and green salad with lemon yogurt dressing
- Onions, medium - 1, diced
- Mushrooms, any button - 8 oz, quartered
- Eggs - 8, whisked
- Milk - 3 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 5 oz
- Cheese, feta - 3 oz, crumbled
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Mixed greens - 5 oz
- Onions / Garlic - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make dressing - Whisk together garlic, lemon juice, yogurt, and mustard. Add olive oil while whisking. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms - Quarter mushrooms. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- While oven is heating, heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. (Note: skillet size is for 4 servings. If customizing, use a larger or smaller skillet, or you can transfer the cooked filling to a muffin tin and top it with the egg mixture before baking.)
- To heated skillet add cooking oil and then onions to heated oil. Saute until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saute until very tender and golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Season with some salt.
- Stir in spinach leaves until slightly wilted, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables and stir to combine.
- Crumble feta over top.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. (Frittata is done when eggs are set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.)
- Just before serving, toss greens with dressing.
- Slice frittata and serve with salad. Enjoy!
Put it on only 200C and for under 15 minutes, if I’d put it on higher and longer it would’ve been completely burnt, or at least cork dry. Kinda tasty but not my favourite.2 Helpful
This frittata is so yummy! Made it non-dairy, by using soy milk and vegan mozzarella shreds instead of feta. My 15-month-old son loved it. My cast iron is out of commission so I cooked in a 9x13 inch Pyrex dish. That worked perfectly for the 6 serving/12 egg recipe.0 Helpful
The frittita was great but I wasn't keen on the salad dressing. We had it with oven chips, which worked well.0 Helpful
Delicious and quick!0 Helpful
This was good. Did it in a muffin tin so I could keep the mushrooms out of mine and put in tomatoes instead. Probably would have been better if we had silicone cups - putting the veggies in and then adding the eggs made the liner pretty soggy. But everyone liked it and the kids loved getting them as individual servings. Also added about 1/4 cup of Asiago cheese to egg mix because we had some I wanted to use up.0 Helpful
I had a frozen pie crust to use so I made this into a quiche. Very tasty!0 Helpful
Delicious! I made the original as meal prep for my breakfasts for the week. Easy to make, and great warmed up again!0 Helpful