Spinach, Mushroom, and Feta Frittata
and green salad with lemon yogurt dressing
- Onions, medium - 1, diced
- Mushrooms, any button - 8 oz, quartered
- Eggs - 8, whisked
- Milk - 3 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 5 oz
- Cheese, feta - 3 oz, crumbled
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Mixed greens - 5 oz
- Onions / Garlic - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make dressing - Whisk together garlic, lemon juice, yogurt, and mustard. Add olive oil while whisking. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms - Quarter mushrooms. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- While oven is heating, heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. (Note: skillet size is for 4 servings. If customizing, use a larger or smaller skillet, or you can transfer the cooked filling to a muffin tin and top it with the egg mixture before baking.)
- To heated skillet add cooking oil and then onions to heated oil. Saute until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saute until very tender and golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Season with some salt.
- Stir in spinach leaves until slightly wilted, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables and stir to combine.
- Crumble feta over top.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. (Frittata is done when eggs are set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.)
- Just before serving, toss greens with dressing.
- Slice frittata and serve with salad. Enjoy!
Easy and tasted great!0 Helpful
This was quick and easy to make! For 2 servings, we used 5 eggs and an 8 inch pan and the frittata was done cooking in 12 minutes.0 Helpful
This was an easy and delicious mid week meal. The only variation was that I put some extra seasoning into the eggs. I used 6 eggs for my husband and I and have enough left over for lunch tomorrow. I also heeded the warnings of others and only baked for 15 minutes. I didn't make the dressing, as I already had some store bought lemon dressing in the fridge.0 Helpful
Really good. Agree that maybe 400 would be better than 425 to cook. Dressing was yummy!0 Helpful
Fast and tasty0 Helpful
Very yummy! Used muffin tins since my skillet wasn't oven safe, they turned out quite good! The salad was quite flavorful also, a nice compliment to the frittata.0 Helpful