Sriracha Honey Shrimp
with broccoli / rice
In a creamy, spicy, tangy sauce, this shrimp always gets great reviews from our community. We last featured this recipe (served over quinoa) in 2019.
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Broccoli - 1 lb, chopped
- Garlic powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 1/4 cup
- Sriracha - 2 Tbsp (or other hot sauce)
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Cilantro leaves - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 tsp
- Walnuts, halves or pieces - 4 oz
- Rice, uncooked white or brown - 3/4 cup
- Rice - For white rice, rinse until clear. Fill a saucepan or Dutch oven (or rice cooker) with rice, water (use 2:1 ratio for water to rice), and some salt. Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Once water boils, stir, lower heat to a low-medium, and cover. Check white rice after ~20 min; brown at ~45 min. Rice is done when it's absorbed all the water. If it's not done, leave the cover on until all water has been absorbed. Take cover off to release steam and fluff with a wooden spoon after 5 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and then pat dry.
- Garlic / Broccoli - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make seasoning for shrimp - Combine garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make sauce for shrimp - Combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, vinegar, and honey. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cilantro - Chop leaves.
- Toss shrimp with seasoning.
- Heat a wok or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add first part of oil and then broccoli to heated oil. Saute broccoli until it turns bright green. Add soy sauce and then cover with a lid. Steam broccoli, covered, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove lid and add garlic to broccoli. Saute together for 2 minutes more.
- Set broccoli aside.
- Wipe pan clean and return to medium-high heat. Add second part of oil and then shrimp to heated oil. Using tongs, arrange shrimp in a single layer so they cook more evenly. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until shrimp is golden.
- Remove from heat and toss shrimp with sauce, walnuts, and cilantro.
- If rice was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve shrimp over broccoli and rice. Enjoy!
Used half of the sriracha suggested and it was plenty hot. Hubs added extra on his without overdoing the entire dish.0 Helpful
So good! Everyone in the family enjoyed this meal!0 Helpful
So good! Would add more sriracha next time since we like it spicy0 Helpful
Loved this! Halved the sriracha and it was the perfect spice level for us.0 Helpful
Great fairly simple to make dish. Like others I reduced the amount of Sriracha. Loved the crunch of the walnuts. I tossed them in with the shrimp to toast them slightly.0 Helpful