Paprika Roasted Chickpeas and Carrots
with shredded Brussels sprouts salad
A creamy tarragon yogurt sauce adds a simple but elegant touch to this roasted carrot and chickpea mix. Shredding Brussels sprouts to serve in a salad on the side gives them flavor and crunch.
Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad:
- Pecans - 1/2 cup , chopped
- Brussels sprouts - 1 lb , shredded (sub baby spinach or baby kale)
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Cranberries, dried - 1/2 cup
- Cheese, goat - 4 oz
Paprika Roasted Chickpeas and Carrots:
- Carrots - 1 1/2 lbs , chopped
- Shallots - 2 cloves , diced
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 397 g) - 2 cans , drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika - 2 tsp
Lemon Tarragon Yogurt:
- Tarragon, fresh - 2 tsp , finely chopped
- Lemons - 1 , zest of
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Pecans / Carrots / Shallots - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed. Store separately. You can leave the pecans raw for tonight's meal, or if you prefer, you can toast them in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant, ~4 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make yogurt - Finely chop tarragon. Zest lemons. Combine taragon and lemon zest with yogurt. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead.)
- Brussels sprouts - Put the slicing disk in a food processor and shred sprouts (video is for carrots, but the method is the same; you can also thinly slice them by hand or with a mandolin). (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Toss carrots and shallots in cooking oil, vinegar, and paprika. Season with some salt and pepper. Spread out on a sheet pan. Roast, shaking pan halfway through cooking, until carrots are tender, 20 to 25 minutes (depending on size).
- While carrots roast, combine mustard, vinegar, honey, and olive oil. Season with some salt and pepper. Toss with brussels sprouts, cranberries, and pecans. Crumble goat cheese over top.
- When carrots are done, remove pan and stir in beans. Put it back in the oven and roast for 2 to 3 minutes more to heat the beans.
- Serve yogurt over roasted carrots and chickpeas. Serve salad on the side. Enjoy!