Spinach and Bacon Frittata
with paleo raspberry yogurt parfait
The past few years, we've made a tradition of offering a festive brunch-style meal on Christmas. Even if you don't serve it for brunch / breakfast, a homemade savory frittata is a satisfying meal any time of day.
Spinach and Bacon Frittata:
- Bacon - 4 strips , chopped
- Thyme leaves, fresh - 1 tsp
- Eggs - 8
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Baby spinach - 5 oz
Paleo Raspberry Yogurt Parfaits:
- Yogurt, any paleo-friendly variety like cashew or coconut - 2 cups
- Raspberries, fresh or frozen - 1 cup
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Bacon - Chop bacon. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Thyme - Pull leaves off stalks. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Assemble parfaits - Divide yogurt between individual small bowls or glasses (1 / serving). Top with raspberries and drizzle with honey.
- Eggs - Whisk together eggs, salt, and black pepper.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- While oven heats, place a skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and saute until just starting to turn crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Drain off all but about 1 Tbsp / 15 mL of bacon grease and return pan to heat.
- Add spinach to heated pan. Saute until spinach is wilted (add a lid to speed things along), ~5 minutes. Stir in thyme leaves and continue to cook for 1 minute more. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Pour egg mixture over spinach and stir to combine.
- Top frittata with bacon.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. (Frittata is done when eggs are set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.)
- Slice frittata and serve with yogurt parfaits. Enjoy!