Foil-Roasted Lemon Salmon
with caesar broccoli / zucchini
This method of baking fish inside a foil packet helps the salmon to stay moist as it cooks. Roast it on the same pan and at the same time as broccoli and zucchini for minimal clean-up after dinner.
Smarts: Be sure the foil packet is sealed tight to fully enclose the both the salmon and the butter that tops it.
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Anchovy filets (opt) - 1, mashed, more to taste
- Mayonnaise, paleo-friendly - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Broccoli - 1 1/2 lbs, florets
- Zucchini - 1 lb, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Pine nuts - 2 Tbsp (sub any type of chopped nuts)
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1, sliced
- Foil - for roasting
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Garlic (for broccoli and salmon) - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make Caesar dressing - Mash anchovies in a small bowl. To anchovies, add garlic (portion for broccoli), mayonnaise, mustard (portion for broccoli), lemon juice (portion for broccoli), and aminos. Add olive oil while whisking. Taste and season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Broccoli / Zucchini - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Prepare butter - Melt butter in the microwave. Combine with garlic (portion for salmon), mustard (portion for salmon), honey, salt, and lemon juice (portion for salmon). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lemons - Slice lemons. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Set foil out on a sheet pan. Add salmon to one half of the foil.
- If butter mixture was made ahead, defrost in the microwave until soft. Spread butter over salmon. Top with lemon slices. Fold foil over to enclose salmon and crimp the edges so that the salmon is sealed in.
- Toss broccoli and zucchini with cooking oil. Add it to the same sheet pan as the salmon if there is space (or use a second sheet pan).
- Roast salmon and vegetables together until vegetables are tender and salmon is cooked through, 15 to 22 minutes (depending on thickness of salmon). They should finish around the same time, but leave one on the pan to keep cooking if needed.
- Toss broccoli and zucchini with Caesar dressing. Top with pine nuts.
- Serve salmon with vegetables on the side. Enjoy!
Subbed Israeli couscous for Orzo but otherwise followed the recipe and it was delicious. Everyone including the kids loved it.0 Helpful
easy and tasty - maybe quinoa in future and the salmon i used needed a little less time.0 Helpful
Super great flavors!0 Helpful
Very tasty. Used a broccoli cauliflower mix. Doubled butter and glad we did.0 Helpful
Oh my goodness this recipe is wonderful! Great comfort food tastes!0 Helpful
I loved the flavour but found the sauce a little salty!0 Helpful