Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
with roasted cauliflower and squash
The spice rub on the pork in this cool weather-inspired meal is a great fit with the cozy flavors (and aromas) of roasted vegetables. This meal was last featured in 2016.
Roasted Cauliflower and Squash:
- Squash, butternut - 1 lb , cubed
- Cauliflower - 1 lb , chopped
- Ginger, fresh - 1/2 tsp , grated
- Nuts, pecans - 1/3 cup , chopped
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp
- Cranberries, dried - 1/4 cup
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz , crumbled
Spice-Rubbed Roasted Pork Tenderloin:
- Brown sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Garlic powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Thyme, dried - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Pork tenderloin - 1 1/2 lbs
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 3/4 cup (sub white wine)
- Foil - for roasting
- Make spice rub - Combine sugar, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Squash / Cauliflower / Ginger / Pecans - Prep as directed. Combine squash and cauliflower. Store ginger and pecans in their own containers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pork tenderloin - Rub pork on all sides with spice rub and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Spread squash and cauliflower out on a sheet pan in a single layer (use two sheet pans if needed to prevent overcrowding). Toss with olive oil, vinegar, and ginger. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Roast vegetables, flipping with a spatula halfway through cooking, until tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Once vegetables are roasting, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add pecans and toast in the dry skillet, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes. Set pecans aside and return skillet to heat.
- To skillet, add cooking oil and then pork to heated oil. Sear on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes each, until golden brown.
- Pour stock around pork, cover loosely with foil, and bake in the oven for 14 to 16 minutes or until pork reaches 145F / 63C degrees.
- Transfer pork to a cutting board and cover to keep warm. Let rest for 10 minutes. (Reserve any cooking liquid in the skillet.)
- When vegetables are done roasting, remove from oven and toss with cranberries, toasted pecans, and cheese.
- Slice pork and serve with cooking liquid over top. Enjoy with vegetables on the side.