Turkey, Brie, and Cranberry Melts
with green beans
If you're making this meal on the day it's scheduled, it is Thanksgiving in the United States, so we’re giving an easy meal with holiday-inspired flavors. Make it tonight if you want a festive (but super easy) meal at home or make it with leftovers from the big meal!
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Sandwich bread - 8 slices (sourdough preferred)
- Cheese, brie - 8 oz
- Turkey, deli-sliced - 8 oz
- Cranberry sauce - 1/2 cup (sub cranberry or raspberry jam)
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- Prepare melts by spreading butter on one side of each piece of bread. Lay out half of the bread slices, buttered-side down. Top with brie (if the brie is too firm to spread with a knife, cut it into slices), then with turkey and cranberry sauce. Finish with remaining slices of bread, buttered-side up.
- Heat up a griddle or a skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches onto heated surface (as many as can fit) and press down throughout the grilling process with a spatula. Cook sandwiches on both sides until golden brown and cheese is melted, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- While sandwiches are cooking, heat a saute pan with lid or a wok over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then add green beans to heated oil. Saute for 2 minutes to get them started cooking. Add water and cover.. Steam green beans, covered, until nearly tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove cover and saute until water has cooked off and green beans are very tender, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- When green beans are done cooking, toss well with olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and lemon zest. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve sandwiches with green beans on the side. Enjoy!