Turkey, Brie, and Cranberry Melts
with green beans
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Sandwich bread - 8 slices (sourdough preferred)
- Cheese, brie - 8 oz
- Turkey, deli-sliced - 8 oz
- Cranberry sauce - 1/2 cup (sub cranberry or raspberry jam)
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- Prepare melts by spreading butter on one side of each piece of bread. Lay out half of the bread slices, buttered-side down. Top with brie (if the brie is too firm to spread with a knife, cut it into slices), then with turkey and cranberry sauce. Finish with remaining slices of bread, buttered-side up.
- Heat up a griddle or a skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches onto heated surface (as many as can fit) and press down throughout the grilling process with a spatula. Cook sandwiches on both sides until golden brown and cheese is melted, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- While sandwiches are cooking, heat a saute pan with lid or a wok over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then add green beans to heated oil. Saute for 2 minutes to get them started cooking. Add water and cover.. Steam green beans, covered, until nearly tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove cover and saute until water has cooked off and green beans are very tender, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- When green beans are done cooking, toss well with olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and lemon zest. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve sandwiches with green beans on the side. Enjoy!
Part of what made this so special was that I had cranberry sauce with some mustard in it. Also added greens to it. This could be one of the best sandwiches I have ever had.1 Helpful
It was good. I will hopefully remember it for Thanksgiving 2022 leftovers. But man, Brie is a pain to deal with.0 Helpful
Made this using the Panini press. Used leftover turkey and Camembert cheese. Delicious.0 Helpful
I didn’t care for this recipe as is. I added mayo, Dijon mustard, and a different type of cheese and it was much better. I found it a little dry per the directions.0 Helpful
Delish and easy0 Helpful
We made this using smoked Tofurky slices and the cranberry sauce (with the Brie, of course). Served with a side lemony Brussels sprouts instead of green beans. So naughty and so delicious.0 Helpful
Super good. Used leftover turkey instead of deli meat abd it was a great way to use leftovers!0 Helpful