Mushroom and Spinach Breakfast Sandwiches
with thyme sweet potato fries
- Shallots - 1 clove, chopped
- Mushrooms, any brown - 8 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Eggs - 8
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Butter - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1/2 tsp
- Baby spinach - 2 oz
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz
- Sandwich rolls - 4
- Sweet potato fries, frozen - 20 oz
- Thyme leaves - 1 tsp
- Condiments - for dipping (like ketchup)
- Heat oven according to directions on package for sweet potato fries.
- Spread sweet potato fries out on a sheet pan. Pull thyme leaves off sprigs and sprinkle over top. Bake according to package directions.
- While sweet potato fries cook, heat a non-stick frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add first part of butter and then shallots. Saute until softened, ~1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Saute until tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add vinegar and spinach and stir until spinach is wilted, ~2 minutes. Push mushrooms and spinach to one side of the pan (or transfer to a plate if your pan is too small) and reduce heat to low-medium.
- Add second part of butter to pan. When melted, pour in whisked eggs and scramble over low heat until cooked to your liking.
- Crumble feta over eggs and stir in mushrooms and spinach. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Toast sandwich rolls.
- Top rolls with egg mixture and serve with sweet potato fries and your favorite dipping sauce (like ketchup) on the side. Enjoy!
Very tasty. I added some crumbled sausage and served on a croissant. Will make again.0 Helpful
I don't like mushrooms and even if you picked them out, the flavor was all over the eggs. But my family likes mushrooms and they thought this was pretty good.0 Helpful
Even my kids who typically refuse to eat mushrooms and spinach snarfed this down. We used buttered brioche buns and it was delish!0 Helpful
I would make my own sweet potato fries next time,, but the eggs were delicious. I considered adding some ham leftover from split pea soup, but ended up forgetting.0 Helpful
We ended up making this for Sunday breakfast. Did a deconstructed version for the non-mushroom and non-spinach eaters in our family. I enjoyed it!0 Helpful
We normally love frittatas - but this one fell flat - I think there might might have been too much stuff in it relative to egg - lacked the fluffiness factor. Sweet potatoes, as always, were great.0 Helpful