Pan-Seared Za’atar Brussels Sprouts
with preserved lemon
- Brussels sprouts - 1 lb, halved
- Preserved lemon - 2 Tbsp, diced
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Heat a large skillet with oil over medium-high heat.
- Add Brussels sprouts and water. Cover with a lid and steam Brussels sprouts for 2 minutes to get them started cooking.
- Remove lid and stir in preserved lemon and za’atar. Season with some salt.
- Saute Brussels sprouts until water has cooked off and sprouts are golden and tender, 3 to 7 minutes more (depending on size).
- Squeeze lemon juice over top of Brussels sprouts before serving.
Divine is the only word I have for this recipe!0 Helpful
Worth finding the preserved lemon. Found mine at World Market.0 Helpful
Maybe my favorite Brussels sprouts EVER!0 Helpful
We tested these before Thanksgiving, and I thought they were just perfect. Love the light and bright flavors the lemon and za'atar add. Will be a nice addition to our (small) Thanksgiving table.0 Helpful