Chicken, Green Bean, and Mushroom Stir-fry
with aminos butter / cauliflower rice
- Cauliflower florets - 12 oz
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Green beans - 12 oz, trimmed and chopped
- Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, thinly sliced
- Mushrooms, cremini - 8 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts separate
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Butter, unsalted - 2 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 tsp
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Cauliflower rice - (Skip if made ahead for Tuesday.) Pulse florets in a food processor until broken up into ‘rice’-sized bits. Cook rice in one of two ways: 1) Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes and then fold in butter (portion for cauliflower rice). Season with some salt and pepper; or 2) Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add butter (portion for cauliflower rice). Saute cauliflower in heated butter for ~5 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. Watch this video for the full how-to on cauliflower rice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green beans - Trim and chop green beans. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make aminos butter - Soften butter (portion for aminos butter) in the microwave. Combine butter with aminos and lime juice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chicken - Thinly slice chicken. Tenderize with a fork and season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Mushrooms / Green onions / Limes - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Heat a wok or large skillet with first part of oil over medium heat. Add green beans and saute until nearly tender, ~5 minutes. (Note: Let the green beans get brown in spots as they cook, but if they start to burn add a splash of water to cool the pan down.)
- Add mushrooms and white parts of green onions to green beans and saute everything together until mushrooms are nearly tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Move vegetables to the sides of the pan, leaving a space in the center. Add second part of cooking oil and then chicken to the open space. Cook chicken without stirring until it starts to brown. Toss everything together.
- Add aminos butter to the wok and toss everything together until chicken is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- If cauliflower rice was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve stir-fry over cauliflower rice with green parts of green onions on the top. Enjoy with lime wedges on the side and some hot sauce if you’d like.
With the addition of hot sauce to spice it up, my family really liked this recipe.0 Helpful
Made half chicken, half tofu. Also subbed asparagus for green beans as that was more readily accessible that day. We loved this. And bonus that it came together very quickly without prepping ahead. Think of stir fry as the cooking method, not as a generic Asian dish.0 Helpful
Not bad. We added mushrooms because we had them and used asparagus instead of green beans for the same reason. It look like so much food when we made it, but there was nothing left at the end of dinner. I don’t know why I stink at tofu. it never brown stash it always just sticks to the edge. Doesn’t matter if it’s stainless steel, cast-iron, or nonstick – my tofu sticks. Other than that Dash quick and easy with prep on the weekend. Would make this again.0 Helpful
Once everything is chopped up, it's relatively fast to make. It's very good. Not our all-time favorite, but good.0 Helpful
Love how quickly this whips up, since I can prep the mushrooms while the green beans cook and then the chicken while the mushrooms cook! Tasty, light, and definitely made better with some hot sauce.0 Helpful
Mild but tasty, esp leftovers.0 Helpful