Chicken, Green Bean, and Mushroom Stir-fry
with aminos butter / cauliflower rice
We’re taking one of our community’s favorite flavor boosters - aminos butter - and using it to finish a quick and easy stir-fry. If you made cauliflower rice earlier in the week, this meal will come together super fast.
- Cauliflower florets - 12 oz
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
Chicken, Green Bean, and Mushroom Stir-Fry:
- Green beans - 12 oz , trimmed and chopped
- Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless - 1 lb , thinly sliced
- Mushrooms, cremini - 8 oz , sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Green onions - 2 stalks , chopped, green and white parts separate
- Limes - 1 , wedges
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Butter, unsalted - 2 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 tsp
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Cauliflower rice - (Skip if made ahead for Tuesday.) Pulse florets in a food processor until broken up into ‘rice’-sized bits. Cook rice in one of two ways: 1) Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes and then fold in butter (portion for cauliflower rice). Season with some salt and pepper; or 2) Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add butter (portion for cauliflower rice). Saute cauliflower in heated butter for ~5 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. Watch this video for the full how-to on cauliflower rice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green beans - Trim and chop green beans. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make aminos butter - Soften butter (portion for aminos butter) in the microwave. Combine butter with aminos and lime juice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chicken - Thinly slice chicken. Tenderize with a fork and season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Mushrooms / Green onions / Limes - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Heat a wok or large skillet with first part of oil over medium heat. Add green beans and saute until nearly tender, ~5 minutes. (Note: Let the green beans get brown in spots as they cook, but if they start to burn add a splash of water to cool the pan down.)
- Add mushrooms and white parts of green onions to green beans and saute everything together until mushrooms are nearly tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Move vegetables to the sides of the pan, leaving a space in the center. Add second part of cooking oil and then chicken to the open space. Cook chicken without stirring until it starts to brown. Toss everything together.
- Add aminos butter to the wok and toss everything together until chicken is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- If cauliflower rice was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve stir-fry over cauliflower rice with green parts of green onions on the top. Enjoy with lime wedges on the side and some hot sauce if you’d like.