with braised apples and cabbage
- Pork tenderloin - 1 lb , sliced at a bias
- Lemons - 1/2 , wedges
- Eggs - 2
- Almond meal - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
Braised Sweet and Sour Cabbage with Apples:
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Cabbage, red - 16 oz , thinly sliced
- Apples, any type - 1 , diced
- Butter - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 tsp
- Garlic / Cabbage - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Pork - Slice into 3/4” / 1.9 cm thick cutlets. Place each cutlet between two pieces of plastic wrap or parchment paper and pound with a tenderizer until roughly half as thick, like this video for chicken. Season on both sides with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Apples / Lemons - Prep as directed. (You can leave the skin on the apples.)
- Prep breading stations - In one container whisk eggs with some salt and pepper. In a second container or plate combine almond meal, salt, and pepper.
- Cook cabbage by heating a saute pan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add butter and then garlic and apples to melted butter. Saute for ~2 minutes before adding cabbage with a pinch of salt. Saute for another 14 to 16 minutes, until cabbage is tender.
- While cabbage is cooking, dip each pork cutlet into eggs and then in almond meal. Repeat until all cutlets are breaded.
- Heat a skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat. Add oil and then cutlets to heated oil (do this in batches and / or add some additional oil as needed). Cook for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes on each side, transferring to a plate when cooked through.
- Stir vinegar and maple syrup into finished cabbage and season with some salt.
- Serve pork with cabbage on the side. Squeeze lemon wedges over everything. Enjoy!