Skillet Enchiladas with Shrimp
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb (use smaller shrimp if available)
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 8, chopped
- Cheese, Monterey Jack - 4 oz, shredded (look for pre-shredded; sub white cheddar)
- Zucchini - 12 oz, diced
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Corn, frozen or canned - 1 cup
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin, ground - 1 tsp
- Green enchilada sauce, store-bought - 1 1/2 cups
- Sour cream - for serving
- Turn on the oven’s broiler.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet with oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and saute until very tender and reduced in size, 7 to 8 minutes. (Note: If the pan starts to look dry while the zucchini is cooking, add some water as needed.)
- To zucchini, add garlic, cumin, and some salt and saute until fragrant ~1 minute more.
- Move zucchini off to one side of the pan and add shrimp to the other side. Cook shrimp on one side for ~2 minutes to get it started cooking. Stir everything together and continue cooking until shrimp are nearly cooked through, ~2 minutes more.
- Pour sauce and corn into the pan and stir to combine.
- When sauce begins to simmer, gently fold in tortillas. Top enchiladas with cheese.
- Transfer pan to broiler and broil until cheese is melted, 4 to 5 minutes. (Be careful when removing the pan - the handle will be very hot.)
- Let enchiladas cool slightly and then serve with sour cream on top and lime wedges for squeezing over top. Enjoy!
Restaurant quality good. Sometimes I can't believe I made these recipes. Perfect balance of sweet/sour hot/mild. Shrimp is the base flavor so if you don't like shrimp I would say move on. I think I'm going to take the cooking course.1 Helpful
Loved it. I would have actually added more zucchini and tortillas, and less shrimp. But flavor was great. Time consuming part was peeling the tomatillos.0 Helpful
Yum! Fast and easy and comforting. I was short on zucchini, would want to make sure to add plenty next time so the meal doesn't feel too heavy.0 Helpful
This was good! I used ground beef & cooked it in the ninja foodi.0 Helpful
Yum! We made our own red sauce and added leftover brown rice to get rid of it! I love this recipe- super easy, delicious, and I usually have most of this on hand already!!0 Helpful
I used boneless skinless chicken thighs and really loved this! I think I would add more veggies next time, but I everything came together super well. I just wish my skillet was bigger to hold more goodness :)0 Helpful
I appreciated how easy this was!0 Helpful