Skillet Enchiladas with Shrimp
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb (use smaller shrimp if available)
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 8, chopped
- Cheese, Monterey Jack - 4 oz, shredded (look for pre-shredded; sub white cheddar)
- Zucchini - 12 oz, diced
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Corn, frozen or canned - 1 cup
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin, ground - 1 tsp
- Green enchilada sauce, store-bought - 1 1/2 cups
- Sour cream - for serving
- Turn on the oven’s broiler.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet with oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and saute until very tender and reduced in size, 7 to 8 minutes. (Note: If the pan starts to look dry while the zucchini is cooking, add some water as needed.)
- To zucchini, add garlic, cumin, and some salt and saute until fragrant ~1 minute more.
- Move zucchini off to one side of the pan and add shrimp to the other side. Cook shrimp on one side for ~2 minutes to get it started cooking. Stir everything together and continue cooking until shrimp are nearly cooked through, ~2 minutes more.
- Pour sauce and corn into the pan and stir to combine.
- When sauce begins to simmer, gently fold in tortillas. Top enchiladas with cheese.
- Transfer pan to broiler and broil until cheese is melted, 4 to 5 minutes. (Be careful when removing the pan - the handle will be very hot.)
- Let enchiladas cool slightly and then serve with sour cream on top and lime wedges for squeezing over top. Enjoy!
I used boneless skinless chicken thighs and really loved this! I think I would add more veggies next time, but I everything came together super well. I just wish my skillet was bigger to hold more goodness :)0 Helpful
I appreciated how easy this was!0 Helpful
Kinda goopy but good flavor. Next time I would serve with rice. If I did a next time. But more likely to try a different kind of enchilada.0 Helpful
Used red enchilada sauce because I couldn’t find green, and didn’t use the broiler but just covered the skillet for a few minutes to melt the cheese. Otherwise made as written. It was delicious, and so easy! Will definitely make again.0 Helpful
Super tasty and easy! Used bell peppers instead of zucchini to use up some of our CSA share. Next time I might add some onions too. The frozen shrimp I got was already cooked, so we just reduced the cooking time. Added some extra cheese. :) The skillet looked picture-perfect after we pulled it out from the broiler.0 Helpful
We had some leftover salsa and a ripe avocado, and I thought those made great additions here, especially a hint of the salsa for a little kick. Also appreciated how quickly this came together!0 Helpful