Pan-Seared Korean Chicken
with sesame spinach / kimchi cauliflower / spicy mayo
This Korean-inspired meal is fast and colorful. It all comes together with the cauliflower roasting at the same time as the other elements cook on the stovetop. This meal is great served spicy, so feel free to increase the spices if you prefer.
- Cauliflower - 1 lb, chopped
- Kimchi - 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Mayonnaise - 3 Tbsp
- Hot sauce - 2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Ginger - 2 tsp, grated
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Chicken breast tenderloins - 1 lb (sub boneless, skinless chicken breast)
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 Tbsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Green onions - 3, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 5 oz
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 2 tsp
- Sesame seeds, white - 1 tsp
- Ginger / Garlic - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spicy mayo - Whisk together mayonnaise, hot sauce, and toasted sesame oil (portion for mayo). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cauliflower / Kimchi - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chicken - If chicken is not already sliced into tenders, thinly slice. Toss with aminos, ginger, garlic, and ground coriander. Tenderize with a fork. Marinate for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Green onions - Chop green onions.
- Heat oven to 450F / 232C.
- On a sheet pan, toss cauliflower with oil (portion for cauliflower), chopped kimchi, and some salt and pepper. Roast cauliflower, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, until golden and tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- When cauliflower is about halfway finished roasting, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add first portion of cooking oil (for chicken) and then spinach. Saute until spinach wilts (add a lid to help speed it along), 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, toasted sesame oil (portion for chicken), and sesame seeds. Set cooked spinach aside and return pan to heat.
- To heated pan, add second portion of cooking oil (for chicken) and then chicken to heated oil (discard marinade). Sear chicken on both sides, seasoning with some salt as it cooks, until cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes total.
- Serve chicken over wilted spinach with green onions and spicy mayo on top. Enjoy roasted cauliflower on the side.
Just meh to be honest. The pancakes were pretty bland but the dipping sauce was very good.0 Helpful
LOVED the sauce. I thought the pancake was great, my husband thought it needed way more salt. The cauliflower was great for something different!0 Helpful
My husband never had such good cauliflower 😂 and we loved the pancakes! Although the sauce was too spicy and the kids wouldn't try anything.0 Helpful
This had a little bit of kick to it and tasted great. I don’t like cauliflower rice, but I know it’s healthier. Mixed in 3x the kimchi (spicy) to spice it up a bit and it tasted pretty good.0 Helpful
Simple and easy. Not 5-star restaurant quality, but very good!0 Helpful
Absolutely delicious. The first on the griddle was a distaster, so I added the veggies to the batter for the next few. Not really practical as leftovers.0 Helpful