Quinoa Bowl with Za’atar Roasted Chickpeas
and arugula / goat cheese / figs
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- Tahini - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, chopped
- Figs - 8, quartered (sub plums, 2 per 8 figs)
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Foil - for baking
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Goat cheese - 4 oz, crumbled
- Pistachios, shelled - 1/4 cup (sub sliced or slivered almonds)
- Quinoa, uncooked - 3/4 cup
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cups
- Quinoa - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Combine quinoa with stock in a saucepan. Add some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make lemon and tahini dressing - Whisk together lemon juice, tahini, balsamic vinegar, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Figs - Prep as directed.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Toss beans with cooking oil, red or white wine vinegar, and za’atar. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Spread beans out on sheet pan and roast in the oven, shaking pan halfway through cooking, until golden brown and crisp, 8 to 12 minutes total.
- If quinoa was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Assemble bowls with quinoa and arugula as the base. Add chickpeas, cucumbers, figs, crumbled goat cheese, and pistachios. Top with dressing. Enjoy!
Loved this! Very Easy to Make and tasted great! I didn't have Tahini so substituted for Greek yogurt and also didn't have Zaatar so substituted for Italian seasonings, which all came together still.1 Helpful
Pretty good! Light meal (made it with chickpeas). Easy to whip up. Made chickpeas in the air fryer. Followed recipe as is0 Helpful
Salmon was delicious and salad was good. Not a fan of quinoa, but it was ok.0 Helpful
If I have to take a break from the maple panko salmon than I will use this recipe instead. As the cook for the night, I Love the complexity of Za'atar smell. Thanks for getting me out of my comfort zone!0 Helpful
Not a fan of arugula but next time with mixed greens! The fresh figs were a fun change.0 Helpful
I didn't think the quinoa was very exciting, but everything else was really good0 Helpful
Quick and easy. Nothing terribly special. Skipped the salad in favor of steamed broccoli.0 Helpful