Za'atar Roasted Salmon
with cauliflower rice / arugula and fig salad
- Lemons - 1, sliced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 1 Tbsp
- Salmon fillets - 1 lb
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, chopped
- Figs - 8, quartered (sub plums, 2 per 8 figs)
- Arugula - 8 oz
- Pistachios, shelled - 1/4 cup (sub sliced or slivered almonds)
- Cauliflower - 1 lb, chopped
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Cauliflower rice - (Double if making Wednesday’s meal. If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Pulse florets in a food processor until broken up into ‘rice’-sized bits. Cook rice in one of two ways: 1) Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes and then fold in butter. Season with some salt and pepper; or 2) Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add butter. Saute cauliflower in heated butter for ~5 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. Watch this video for the full how-to on cauliflower rice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together balsamic vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lemons - Slice lemons. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Salmon - In a baking dish (use a dish that is large enough to hold all of the salmon in a single layer), whisk together cooking oil, red or white wine vinegar, and Za'atar. Add salmon and turn to coat. Leave salmon with flesh side in marinade. Marinate for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Cucumbers / Figs - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Turn salmon in baking dish so the flesh side is facing up. Season with some salt and pepper and top with lemon slices. Transfer baking dish to oven and roast until salmon flakes easily with a fork, 12 to 15 minutes.
- If cauliflower rice was made ahead, reheat in the microwave (reserve half if doubled).
- Just before serving, toss together arugula, cucumbers, pistachios, and figs. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking.
- Serve salmon over cauliflower rice with salad on the side. Enjoy!
Loved this! Very Easy to Make and tasted great! I didn't have Tahini so substituted for Greek yogurt and also didn't have Zaatar so substituted for Italian seasonings, which all came together still.1 Helpful
Pretty good! Light meal (made it with chickpeas). Easy to whip up. Made chickpeas in the air fryer. Followed recipe as is0 Helpful
Salmon was delicious and salad was good. Not a fan of quinoa, but it was ok.0 Helpful
If I have to take a break from the maple panko salmon than I will use this recipe instead. As the cook for the night, I Love the complexity of Za'atar smell. Thanks for getting me out of my comfort zone!0 Helpful
Not a fan of arugula but next time with mixed greens! The fresh figs were a fun change.0 Helpful
I didn't think the quinoa was very exciting, but everything else was really good0 Helpful
Quick and easy. Nothing terribly special. Skipped the salad in favor of steamed broccoli.0 Helpful