Two-Bean Chili Enchiladas
with red lettuce salad
I thought hard about how to repurpose our chili and enchiladas seemed like the perfect way to give this soup another life. Since most of the work is already done the night before, this dinner is more about assembly. Served with a simple green salad, you're set for the night. Our paleo option borrows our grain-free pot pie crust from last week for a chili pot pie.
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch, chopped
- Diced tomatoes with green chilies (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can, drained
- Tortillas - 8 to 12
- Leftover two-bean chili - 3 to 4 cups
- Mexican blend cheese - 6 oz, grated ((like jack, colby, cheddar))
- Sour cream - for serving
- Hot sauce - for serving
- Red leaf lettuce head - 1 , leaves torn
- Garlic - 1 clove, minced
- Dijon mustard - 1 tsp
- Red wine / sherry vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 3 Tbsp
- Cilantro - Chop. (Can be done up to 3 days before)
- Tomatoes - Drain.
- Tortillas - Cover with a wet paper towel and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, until soft and pliable.
- Red leaf lettuce / Garlic - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Preheat oven to 375F (191C) degrees.
- Assemble enchiladas by spooning leftover chili into a tortilla, and then rolling up. Place it into a rectangular baking dish seam-side down. Continue until all the filling is gone. Pour tomatoes over the tortillas. Bake in oven on the top rack for 15 minutes. Add cheese and then bake for another 5 minutes.
- While enchiladas are baking, whisk together garlic, Dijon, vinegar, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss lettuce with vinaigrette.
- Serve enchiladas hot with cilantro and sour cream (and of course hot sauce!) and enjoy with your simple salad.
So good! I used corn tortillas. Make sure to heat up the tortillas a bit before making the enchiladas or they will break apart. It was so delicious!0 Helpful
Awesome way to use leftover chili from any recipe!0 Helpful
Delicious! Going into favorites!0 Helpful
This was a great way to use up leftover chili and was quite tasty, but just not something I would make again. But I love eating different things, and this gave me the opportunity of making something I wouldn't have picked out of a cookbook.0 Helpful
This was delicious! Great flavor!0 Helpful
So delicious! Going to have to freeze a few for quick dinners later this semester.0 Helpful