Rotisserie Chicken Banh Mi Wrap
with pickled carrots and daikon / smoothie
Smarts: Daikon radish and carrots are typically used to make Vietnamese pickles, but if you can't find the unique white radish, cucumbers work just as well. The longer the pickles marinate, the more tender and tart they'll be, so plan ahead if you'd like them to have the most pickle flavor.
- Mayonnaise - 1/3 cup
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Sriracha - 1/2 tsp (more or less to taste)
- Daikon radish - 3 oz, julienne (sub cucumber)
- Carrots - 3 oz, julienne
- Water - 2 cups
- Sugar - 3 Tbsp
- Salt - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1/4 cup
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2, shredded
- Butter lettuce - 4 leaves
- Cilantro leaves - 1/4 cup
- Tortillas, burrito-sized - 4
- Pears - 2, peeled and chopped
- Mangos, frozen cubes - 12 oz (sub fresh mangos, peeled and chopped)
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Make pickles - Julienne radish and carrots. (For tips on how to julienne, check out this video. The video is for fruit, but the process is the same with vegetables.) Press them gently into a jar or small bowl. Combine water (portion for pickles), sugar, and salt in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until sugar and salt dissolve. Stir vinegar into sugar-salt mixture. Pour liquids over vegetables. Marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 5 days. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Rotisserie chicken - (Shred chicken for Thursday at the same time.) Take meat off the bone and shred. Use a knife and fork or your hands. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Sriracha mayo - Whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice (portion for Sriracha mayo), and Sriracha. Taste and add more Sriracha if you’d like it spicier. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make smoothie - Peel and chop pears. Combine pears, mangos, lime juice (portion for smoothie), and water (portion for smoothie) in the bowl of a blender. Blend until smooth, adding more water if needed to help the smoothie blend.
- Lettuce / Cilantro - Tear off lettuce and cilantro leaves.
- If you’d like the tortillas and chicken warm, heat them in the microwave. (Remember to reserve Thursday’s portion of chicken.)
- Assemble wraps by topping each tortilla with a lettuce leaf and then chicken, pickles (drain pickles before using them), cilantro leaves, and Sriracha mayo.
- Serve wraps with smoothie on the side. Enjoy!
I love a speedy recipe like this one (having made the pickles the day before). I was still hungry a few hours after this meal though, so I might add another side component next time.0 Helpful
I made this with a mix of Paleo (pickles) and GF (used corn tortillas). WOW. So good. It was pretty easy too. I will definitely make this again!0 Helpful
SO good, and so fast! And for the kids I just throw the rotisserie chicken on pasta or rice, and we can enjoy our Sriracha covered wraps ;)0 Helpful
Easy to put together and tasty. I didn't make the smoothie though because I couldn't find mango.0 Helpful
Made as tacos instead of wraps because GF wraps are hard to find. Delicious and easy!0 Helpful
Easy to put together and very yummy.0 Helpful