Asian Quinoa Salad
and cucumbers / clementines / edamame
Smarts: We love hearty quinoa here, but feel free to use any grain you prefer.
- Quinoa - 3/4 cup
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cups
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, chopped
- Bell peppers, red - 1, chopped
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, chopped
- Clementines - 4, segments (sub canned mandarin oranges, drained and rinsed)
- Edamame, shelled - 1 cup
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Cilantro leaves - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Cashews - 2 oz
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1/4 cup
- Cook quinoa - Combine quinoa and stock in a saucepan. Add in some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, toasted sesame oil, and cooking oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Bell peppers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Clementines / Edamame - Prep as directed. If using frozen edamame, defrost. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Avocados / Cilantro - Prep as directed.
- If quinoa was made ahead and you’d like it warm, reheat in the microwave.
- Toss vinaigrette with cucumbers, bell peppers, romaine, cilantro, clementines, edamame, and avocados. Top with quinoa and cashews. Enjoy!
Great salad with fun mix of flavors and textures. So easy with the chicken ready to go and good for lunch the next day too.0 Helpful
This is my new favorite salad! Love the combo of flavors and textures, and the very tasty dressing. Plus super quick and easy0 Helpful
This comes together so quickly and is very tasty, so a great option for a weeknight meal.0 Helpful
Very tasty, healthy salad! Quick to throw together on a weeknight, when chicken is already made.0 Helpful
I added some fried wonton strips that were in my fridge and needed to be used up. Great addition! Will definitely do that again if I make it again.0 Helpful
This was very quick and easy, felt super healthy, and everyone enjoyed it! We would definitely make it again.0 Helpful