Asian Chicken Salad with Leftover Adobo Chicken
and cucumbers / clementines / edamame
With leftover Adobo chicken from Monday's meal, these fresh, colorful salads come together in just a few minutes. This meal was last featured in 2017.
- Cucumbers - 8 oz , chopped
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , chopped
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz , chopped
- Clementines - 4 , segments (sub canned mandarin oranges, drained and rinsed)
- Edamame, shelled - 1 cup
- Cilantro leaves - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Slow Cooker Adobo Chicken (leftover from Monday) - ~1 lb
- Cashews - 2 oz
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1/4 cup
Make vinaigrette - Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, toasted sesame oil, and cooking oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Lettuce / Clementines / Edamame - Prep as directed. If using frozen edamame, defrost. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Cilantro - Chop cilantro.
Warm chicken if desired.
Toss vinaigrette with cucumbers, bell peppers, romaine, cilantro, clementines, and edamame. Top with chicken and cashews. Enjoy!