Asian Chicken Salad with Leftover Adobo Chicken
and cucumbers / clementines / edamame
With leftover Adobo chicken from Monday's meal, these fresh, colorful salads come together in just a few minutes. This meal was last featured in 2017.
- Cucumbers - 8 oz , chopped
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , chopped
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz , chopped
- Clementines - 4 , segments (sub canned mandarin oranges, drained and rinsed)
- Edamame, shelled - 1 cup
- Cilantro leaves - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Slow Cooker Adobo Chicken (leftover from Monday) - ~1 lb
- Cashews - 2 oz
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1/4 cup
Make vinaigrette - Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, toasted sesame oil, and cooking oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Cucumbers / Bell peppers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Lettuce / Clementines / Edamame - Prep as directed. If using frozen edamame, defrost. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Cilantro - Chop cilantro.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
Warm chicken if desired.
Toss vinaigrette with cucumbers, bell peppers, romaine, cilantro, clementines, and edamame. Top with chicken and cashews. Enjoy!