Middle-Eastern Breakfast Tacos
and roasted potatoes with chermoula
Smarts: Use store-bought Ras El Hanout or make it yourself using our recipe here. The eggs would also be great with Za'atar, if that is something you keep on hand.
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, diced
- Eggs - 8
- Milk - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Ras-el-Hanout - 2 tsp (sub Dukkah or any pre-mixed Middle-Eastern spice blend)
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 8
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz, crumbled
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - for serving
- Potatoes, Russet or Yukon gold - 1 lb, cubed (sub fingerling or new potatoes)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Foil - for roasting
- Chermoula (leftover from Tuesday) - 2/3 cup
- Heat oven to 450F / 232C.
- On a sheet pan, toss potatoes with oil (portion for potatoes). Cover pan tightly with foil. Roast for 10 minutes to let potatoes start cooking.
- After 10 minutes, remove foil from potatoes and flip with a spatula. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Return potatoes to the oven and continue roasting until tender, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- When potatoes are nearly finished roasting, heat a large nonstick pan with oil (portion for tacos) over medium heat. Add eggs and stir gently to scramble until cooked to your liking, 4 to 6 minutes. In the last minute of cooking, season eggs with some salt and pepper. Top with Ras-el-Hanout.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Assemble tacos by filling tortillas with eggs, crumbled feta, cucumbers, tomatoes, and yogurt.
- Serve chermoula over potatoes (it’s great in the tacos too!).
- Enjoy tacos with potatoes on the side.
Nice meal! Just felt a little chaotic to pull together since most everything needed to be done the night of. Used zataar in the eggs and was really nice.0 Helpful
Really loved the chermoula sauce - I would eat that on just about anything!0 Helpful
Used fingerling potatoes and cooked them in the airfryer at 375 ~15 minutes. So tasty!0 Helpful
This was really good overall. I agree with the commenter who didn’t love the cucumber/egg combo - something about the texture didn’t work for me. But the flavors were great here, and this was a fun take on breakfast tacos.0 Helpful
Liked an earlier suggestion to include the potatoes in the tacos. Chopped the tomatoes and cucumbers super tiny and I think I like that better than if they had been big. Should have doubled the chermola sauce when we made it - ran out of that well before we were done with the tacos.0 Helpful
Loved the chermula. Not a huge fan of the combo of egg, cucumber for some reason. Kids ate it up!0 Helpful