BLT Lettuce Wrap with Avocado
with honey Dijon green beans
- Tomatoes, medium - 2, sliced (heirloom preferable)
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 outer leaves
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Foil - for baking
- Bacon - 12 strips
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 1/2 tsp (use large grain / stone ground if you have it)
- Honey - 1 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Green beans - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Trim green beans. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead.)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Lettuce / Avocados - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 375F / 190C degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and add bacon in a single layer. Cook bacon in oven until golden brown and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Pour off extra bacon grease during cooking if needed (to prevent bacon from being submerged in oil).
- While bacon is cooking, place green beans in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave on high until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Toss green beans with vinaigrette. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Assemble wraps by topping lettuce leaves with avocado, tomatoes, and bacon and wrapping them to eat. Serve with green beans on the side and enjoy!
We love this easy dinner! Loved the avocado to make the BLT a little more filling.0 Helpful
I did vegeterian and original versions. Easy lunch for the on the go yummy and healthy0 Helpful
Nothing special here but we did enjoy the green beans!0 Helpful
Tasty - not super filling. Had to make extra sandwiches for both of the kids.0 Helpful
Super easy and tasty!0 Helpful
Excellent use of fresh tomatoes from the garden. And easy weeknight meal.0 Helpful