Farmer’s Market Frittata
with corn / tomatoes / goat cheese / butterhead lettuce salad
It's the height of summer (at least for our community members in the northern hemisphere) and the farmer's market is full of produce. Whether you grab the ingredients for this frittata at the farmer's market, grocery store, or from your own garden, this versatile meal celebrates the season.
Smarts: A vegetable-packed frittata is super flexible. Serve this one (or any leftovers) for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Zucchini - 8 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup, halved
- Corn kernels, fresh or frozen - 1 cup
- Eggs - 8
- Milk - 3 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Goat cheese - 3 oz, crumbled (sub feta or shredded cheddar)
- Mayonnaise - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Lettuce, butterhead - 6 oz, torn or chopped
- Sunflower seeds - 1/4 cup (sub pepitas or chopped pecans)
- Zucchini - Chop zucchini. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make dressing - Whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Corn - Halve tomatoes. Slice corn off cobs if using fresh or defrost if using frozen. Combine tomatoes and corn. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Lettuce - Tear or chop lettuce.
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with milk, salt, and black pepper.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- While oven is heating, heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. (Note: skillet size is for 4 servings. If customizing, use a larger or smaller skillet, or you can transfer the cooked filling to a muffin tin and top it with the egg mixture before baking.)
- To heated skillet, add cooking oil and then zucchini with some salt. Saute until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and corn and saute until tomatoes have started softening, ~2 minutes more.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables and stir to combine. Crumble cheese over top.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. (Frittata is done when eggs are set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.)
- When frittata is done, give dressing a stir and season with some salt and pepper.
- Toss lettuce in dressing and top with sunflower seeds.
- Slice frittata and serve with salad on the side.
Good flavor in the frittata and we really like the goat cheese. The salad could of used another vegetable like cucumbers and tomatoes, but overall it was a hit.0 Helpful
This was solid, great texture and flavor!0 Helpful
So easy to make and the goat cheese gave it such great flavor!!0 Helpful
This was great! Maybe my favorite CS frittata yet. The flavors blended so well. Can't wait to make it again.0 Helpful
Subbed non fat Greek yogurt for the mayo in the dressing. Used feta as topping. Made exactly 12 muffin cup portions - so good!0 Helpful
Great frittata and the salad was so delicious!0 Helpful