Seared Salmon Bowl
and cilantro garlic sauce / cabbage slaw / coriander lime broccoli
The quick-cooking salmon and simple slaw make this bowl great for a weeknight. Cilantro Garlic Sauce drizzled over top really brings the flavor to this simple, fresh meal.
Smarts: Try this with any protein you'd like - chicken, pork, or any other fish would be great here.
- Cilantro leaves - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Jalapenos - 1, chopped
- Oil, olive - 1/4 cup
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Salmon - 1 1/4 lbs, cubed (look for skinless salmon to make it easier to chop)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Avocados - 1, slices
- Pepitas / pumpkin seeds - 1/4 cup
- Broccoli - 1 lb, florets
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 tsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin - 1/4 tsp
- Honey - 1/4 tsp
- Coleslaw mix - 10 oz
- Make cilantro garlic sauce - (Double if making Wednesday’s meal.) Roughly chop cilantro, garlic, and jalapenos. Combine with oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, and salt (portion for sauce). Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Broccoli - Chop broccoli into florets. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Salmon - Cube salmon. Toss with first portion of cooking oil (for bowls), paprika, salt (for bowls), and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make slaw - Whisk together cooking oil (portion for slaw), lime juice (portion for slaw), red pepper flakes, cumin, and honey. Add coleslaw mix and toss to combine.
- Avocados - Slice avocados.
- Heat a wok or skillet with cooking oil (portion for broccoli) over medium-high heat. Saute for 2 minutes to get broccoli started cooking. Add water, cover pan with a lid, and steam until nearly tender, ~4 minutes. Remove cover and add ground coriander and some salt. Continue cooking until water has cooked off and broccoli is tender.
- Remove broccoli from heat and stir in lime juice (portion for broccoli). Set broccoli aside, covered to keep warm.
- Return pan to stovetop and reduce heat to medium.
- To heated pan, add second portion of cooking oil (for bowls) and then salmon. Let salmon sear on one side until golden brown, ~3 minutes. Use a spatula to flip the salmon and then continue cooking until golden brown on all sides and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes more.
- Assemble bowls with a bed of slaw topped with salmon, avocados, and broccoli. Top with pepitas and Cilantro Garlic Sauce.
quick pickling onion slices in red wine vinegar in the fridge for 30 min while cooking adds some additional zing to this meal0 Helpful
I would put this sauce on every single thing.0 Helpful
Sauce was awesome. Delicious0 Helpful
Yum, the sauce was incredible! Super easy as well. Will put this into rotation0 Helpful
We liked this overall. Sauce is great. I used tilapia (salmon hater in the house) and since it doesn't have as much flavor as salmon it needed something. I used a little adobo seasoning, but next time I'll try some hatch lime seasoning I found.0 Helpful
I was so surprised that I liked this meal. Such great flavors!0 Helpful