Sriracha Tofu Ramen Salad
with carrots / green beans
With fresh vegetables and marinated tofu in a sweet and savory dressing, this ramen salad is great served warm or chilled. When it was first introduced and then when we brought it back in 2018, members shared many ways to customize the bowls and mentioned loving the salad for meal prep and lunch leftovers.
Smarts: Be sure to follow the instructions to divide the marinade in half, using half to marinate the tofu and the remainder to dress the salad.
- Tofu, extra-firm - 16 oz, cubed (vacuum-packed preferable)
- Brown sugar - 2 tsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 3 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 3 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 6 Tbsp
- Miso paste, any color - 2 tsp
- Sriracha - 1 tsp (sub any hot sauce)
- Carrots - 6 oz, shredded (look for pre-shredded)
- Green beans, fresh or frozen - 10 oz, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Noodles, uncooked ramen - 6 oz (sub Udon noodles or spaghetti)
- Cilantro leaves - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Tofu - If tofu is packaged in water, press out liquid first, like in this video. Then slice into matchsticks. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make marinade - Whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, toasted sesame oil, cooking oil, miso, and Sriracha.
- Marinate tofu - Toss tofu with half the marinade (reserve the other half). Marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Carrots / Green beans - Prep as directed. If using frozen green beans, defrost. If using fresh green beans, place green beans in a microwave-safe container, cover with a wet paper towel, and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Cook ramen - Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add ramen or other noodles (discard any seasoning packets that came with the ramen). Cook according to package instructions. Drain. Use scissors to snip up ramen into shorter more bite-sized pieces. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cilantro - Chop cilantro.
- Heat up a wok over medium-high heat. Toss tofu with marinade into heated pan. Saute until tofu is golden and crisp on the outside, ~5 minutes.
- Toss remainder of marinade with cooked tofu, ramen, carrots, green beans, and cilantro. Finish with lime juice. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. Add some more Sriracha if you'd like.
Everyone loved it and so versatile! Added 1/2tsp Chinese five spice to marinade in place of same amount of hot sauce. Will add red bell pepper and chopped romaine/cabbage next time to make more of a salad.0 Helpful
I liked it, but my husband was not really into the tofu version of it. If I was to make it again I will use chicken I had doubled the marinade/dressing, but there is no need to do that I ended up with a lot extra. I think I'd like the marinated and cooked tofu on any green salad also!0 Helpful
I turned this into a stir fry because my family hates the idea of salad as an entree. It was a hit. I just added some sliced bok choy and leftover broccoli.1 Helpful
Pretty good! I used frozen pre-cooked chicken breast, which made it so quick to throw together.0 Helpful
Pretty quick to make and everyone liked it. Threw the beans in the boiling water with the ramen because it seemed simpler.0 Helpful
This was really tasty! I had mine over black rice, but I tasted my daughters ramen and yum! Store had no green beans, and I’m allergic to carrots so I subbed broccoli, which was okay, but I’ll definitely try with green beans next time.0 Helpful