Ham and Bell Pepper Frittata
with fruit salad
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, diced
- Onions, medium - 1/2, diced
- Ham, deli-sliced - 4 oz, chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Salsa - 1/2 cup
- Strawberries - 1 pint, quartered
- Mint, fresh (opt) - 1 Tbsp, chiffonade
- Blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries - 1 pint (sub halved grapes)
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Bell peppers / Onions / Ham - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed. Combine bell peppers and onions in one container. Store ham separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Strawberries / Mint (if using) - Prep as directed.
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 10.5” to 12” / 26 cm to 30 cm skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then bell peppers and onions with a pinch of salt. Saute until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add ham and saute for 2 minutes more.
- Pour in eggs. Stir until ingredients are all mixed through and then transfer to the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until eggs are set and inserted knife comes out cleanly.
- While frittata cooks, combine both types of berries, mint, and lime juice. Toss gently to combine.
- Slice frittata and serve with salsa. Enjoy fruit salad on the side.
So easy to put together for lunch and satisfying! I added some smoked paprika to the veggies, used Just Egg plant-based "egg" (which ended up being quite tasty), and added a little avocado to the wrap too. Only had strawberries on hand, but the mint and splash of lime juice made it taste even better. I forgot the cheese and didn't miss it.1 Helpful
Pretty basic. I like cheddar and Monterey Jack with it rather than provolone. I also wish there was some kind of crema aioli rather than yogurt. LOVED a the mint and lime on the fruits!! I did strawberries and blueberries. Yum!0 Helpful
Very good egg wrap. I don't love wraps for breakfast, but it had good flavors. Wouldn't be a go-to for a brunch meal, but wouldn't mind again sometime.0 Helpful
Loved by all and nice to have several in the freezer. Did just a plain fruit salad as my girls don’t care much for line juice.0 Helpful
This was a great easy meal. I wouldn’t have thought to use feta here, but I really liked it.0 Helpful
Very tasty. Took me longer to cut the strawberries the night we were eating, so it wasn’t quite as quick as I thought, but still not bad. Everyone ate everything – no leftovers! Nice and versatile - We added some tomatoes and I could see tossing and other veggies we have lying around in the future.0 Helpful