Ham, Bell Pepper, and Feta Scramble Wrap
with fruit salad
It's hard to beat the flexibility of these breakfast-for-dinner wraps that were first featured in 2018. Make them ahead and reheat them or customize them with other vegetables you have in the fridge.
Smarts: These wraps are a great freezer meal and work for breakfast or dinner. Just wrap them tightly in foil, defrost in the fridge overnight, and then bake (still wrapped in foil) until heated all the way through.
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, diced
- Onions, medium - 1/2, diced
- Ham, deli-sliced - 4 oz, chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz, crumbled
- Tortillas, burrito-sized flour or corn - 4
- Salsa - 1/2 cup
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - for serving
- Strawberries - 1 pint, quartered
- Mint, fresh (opt) - 1 Tbsp, chiffonade
- Blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries - 1 pint (sub halved grapes)
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Combine both types of berries, mint, and lime juice. Toss gently to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick pan with oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onions with a pinch of salt. Saute until soft, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add ham and saute for 2 minutes more.
- Pour eggs over top and reduce heat to medium. Cook eggs, stirring frequently, until cooked to your liking, 4 to 7 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Remove eggs from heat and crumble feta over top.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Fill each tortilla with eggs. Top with salsa and yogurt (or set those aside for dipping).
- Enjoy wraps with fruit salad on the side.
So easy to put together for lunch and satisfying! I added some smoked paprika to the veggies, used Just Egg plant-based "egg" (which ended up being quite tasty), and added a little avocado to the wrap too. Only had strawberries on hand, but the mint and splash of lime juice made it taste even better. I forgot the cheese and didn't miss it.1 Helpful
Pretty basic. I like cheddar and Monterey Jack with it rather than provolone. I also wish there was some kind of crema aioli rather than yogurt. LOVED a the mint and lime on the fruits!! I did strawberries and blueberries. Yum!0 Helpful
Very good egg wrap. I don't love wraps for breakfast, but it had good flavors. Wouldn't be a go-to for a brunch meal, but wouldn't mind again sometime.0 Helpful
Loved by all and nice to have several in the freezer. Did just a plain fruit salad as my girls don’t care much for line juice.0 Helpful
This was a great easy meal. I wouldn’t have thought to use feta here, but I really liked it.0 Helpful
Very tasty. Took me longer to cut the strawberries the night we were eating, so it wasn’t quite as quick as I thought, but still not bad. Everyone ate everything – no leftovers! Nice and versatile - We added some tomatoes and I could see tossing and other veggies we have lying around in the future.0 Helpful