[Leftover] Grilled Vegetable Scramble
with bacon / strawberry cucumber smoothie
- Eggs - 8
- Leftover Grilled Vegetables (from Tuesday) - ~3 cups, chopped
- Bacon - 8 strips
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, large pieces
- Strawberries, fresh or frozen - 8 oz
- Baby spinach - 2 oz
- Coconut milk - 1 1/2 cups
- Ice - 1 cup
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Cucumbers / Strawberries - Chop cucumbers. If using fresh strawberries, trim off stems. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make smoothie - Combine cucumbers, strawberries, spinach, coconut milk, ice, and lime juice in a blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and add some more lime juice if you’d like more sour flavor or some honey (not in ingredients list) if you’d like it more sweet.
- Eggs - Whisk eggs.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add bacon and fry on both sides until crisp, 6 to 9 minutes total.
- Line a plate with paper towels and set it near the stove.
- If leftover vegetables were not already chopped, chop them into small pieces.
- When bacon is done, transfer it to the paper towel-lined plate. Drain all but 1 Tbsp / 15 mL of grease out of pan and return pan to heat. Reduce heat to low-medium.
- To heated pan, add eggs and stir them gently to scramble, 4 to 5 minutes.
- When eggs are scrambled to your liking, gently fold in chopped vegetables. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve eggs with bacon and smoothie on the side. Enjoy!
SO good. Nice to have the roasted veggies made already. Quick and easy. The spicy aioli and the smoothie balance each other perfectly.0 Helpful
Kids weren’t crazy about it, they ended up having eggs with the English muffin with jelly. Nonetheless it was an easy meal the adults liked.0 Helpful
Made these as roasted vegetable sandwiches with buns instead of benedict-style over English muffins.0 Helpful
This was delicious! We skipped the smoothie because we used up our cucumber earlier in the week. Thanks to the cooksmarts instructions, I have been able to consistently poach eggs well! Easy to pull together.0 Helpful
Pretty good. I fried eggs for the kids. I was the only one who wanted grilled veggies (used portabello, yum). Husband used fresh spinach. Sriracha on the side instead of in the aioli (doubled the aioli). Smoothie was a nice change from side salad.0 Helpful
Great way to use up those leftover veggies. I didn't make the aoli since I had so much of the charred onion vinaigrette leftover. I also skipped the smoothie and fried my egg instead of poaching.0 Helpful