BBQ Rotisserie Chicken Saute
with red onions / mushrooms / bell peppers / jalapenos
- Cauliflower florets - 12 oz, riced
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2, shredded
- Green beans - 1 lb, chopped
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, chopped
- Onions, red - 1/2, chopped
- Jalapenos - 2, thinly sliced
- Mushrooms - 8 oz, halved
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- BBQ sauce - 3/4 cup (use your favorite paleo-friendly)
- Cauliflower rice - (Skip if made ahead for Tuesday.) Pulse florets in a food processor until broken up into ‘rice’-sized bits. Cook rice in one of two ways: 1) Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes and then fold in butter. Season with some salt and pepper; or 2) Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add butter. Saute cauliflower in heated butter for ~5 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. Watch this video for the full how-to on cauliflower rice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Rotisserie chicken - (Skip if already shredded on Monday.) Take meat off the bone and shred. Use a knife or your hands. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green beans / Bell peppers / Onions / Jalapenos - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms / Green onions - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat a wok or large saute pan with oil over medium-high heat. To heated pan, add green beans, bell peppers, onions, and jalapenos. Saute until the vegetables are nearly tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- To vegetables, add mushrooms and saute for 2 to 3 minutes more until mushrooms are tender.
- Add BBQ sauce and chicken and toss to combine everything and warm through, ~2 minutes more. Top with green onions.
- If cauliflower rice was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve chicken and vegetable saute over cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
This was quick and easy. I'm going to add bacon next time. Yum!0 Helpful
We love this. When my son is in charge of dinner, this is what he prefers to make. And we add bacon because bacon makes it taste even better.0 Helpful
Loaded with veggies and super delicious.0 Helpful
New fav!0 Helpful
Easy and fast, even with making my own dough!0 Helpful
This was very tasty! I used a can of Pillsbury pizza crust to save time. I loved the combination of flavors and the little beat of heat from the jalapenos. I'll be making this again!0 Helpful