BBQ Rotisserie Chicken Saute
with red onions / mushrooms / bell peppers / jalapenos
- Cauliflower florets - 12 oz , riced
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
BBQ Rotisserie Chicken Saute:
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2 , shredded
- Green beans - 1 lb , chopped
- Bell peppers, any color - 1 , chopped
- Onions, red - 1/2 , chopped
- Jalapenos - 2 , thinly sliced
- Mushrooms - 8 oz , halved
- Green onions - 2 stalks , chopped, green and white parts combined
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- BBQ sauce - 3/4 cup (use your favorite paleo-friendly)
- Cauliflower rice - (Skip if made ahead for Tuesday.) Pulse florets in a food processor until broken up into ‘rice’-sized bits. Cook rice in one of two ways: 1) Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes and then fold in butter. Season with some salt and pepper; or 2) Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add butter. Saute cauliflower in heated butter for ~5 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. Watch this video for the full how-to on cauliflower rice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Rotisserie chicken - (Skip if already shredded on Monday.) Take meat off the bone and shred. Use a knife or your hands. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green beans / Bell peppers / Onions / Jalapenos - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms / Green onions - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat a wok or large saute pan with oil over medium-high heat. To heated pan, add green beans, bell peppers, onions, and jalapenos. Saute until the vegetables are nearly tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- To vegetables, add mushrooms and saute for 2 to 3 minutes more until mushrooms are tender.
- Add BBQ sauce and chicken and toss to combine everything and warm through, ~2 minutes more. Top with green onions.
- If cauliflower rice was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve chicken and vegetable saute over cauliflower rice. Enjoy!