BBQ Rotisserie Chicken Pizza
with spicy lemon green beans
Spicy Lemon Green Beans:
- Green beans - 1 lb , trimmed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
BBQ Rotisserie Chicken Pizza:
- Pizza dough, gluten-free - 1 lb
- Flour, any gluten-free - 1 Tbsp
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2 , shredded
- Cheese, gouda - 6 oz , thinly sliced or shredded (sub mozzarella)
- Onions, red - 1/4 , very thinly sliced
- Jalapenos - 2 , thinly sliced
- Green onions - 2 stalks , chopped, green and white parts combined
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- BBQ sauce - 3/4 cup
- Pizza dough - Cover in gluten-free flour and let rest for at least 30 minutes outside of fridge before rolling out. (Resting dough helps to make it more pliable and easier to stretch.)
- Rotisserie chicken - (Skip if already shredded on Monday.) Take meat off the bone and shred. Use a knife or your hands. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green beans / Gouda / Onions / Jalapenos - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions - Chop green onions. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C. Move oven racks so that one rack is in the upper third and one is in the lower third of the oven. Set out two sheet pans.
- While oven is heating, toss green beans with cooking oil, paprika, red pepper flakes, and some salt and pepper. Spread on the first sheet pan and roast on lower rack, shaking pan halfway through cooking, until beans are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Brush a second sheet pan with olive oil.
- Using hands, stretch out pizza dough to cover sheet pan.
- Bake dough on upper rack for 3 minutes without toppings. (This solo time in the oven gives the dough time to crisp up; if you put toppings on now, your crust may get soggy.)
- Remove dough from oven and spread BBQ sauce evenly over the top to form a thin layer. (Note: If you don’t need all of the sauce to top the pizza, reserve some and use it for dipping pizza slices in at the end.)
- Top dough and sauce with chicken, cheese, onions, and jalapenos.
- Return pan to oven and continue baking pizza until crust is golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- When green beans are done roasting, top with lemon juice.
- When pizza is done baking, top with green onions and slice.
- Enjoy pizza with green beans on the side.