[Leftover] Carnitas, Lettuce, and Tomato Sandwich
with green bean “fries”
- Tomatoes, medium - 2 , sliced (preferably heirloom)
- Lettuce, romaine - 4 leaves , torn
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Slow-cooker carnitas (leftover from Monday) - ~3 cups
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Sandwich bread, gluten-free - 8 slices
- Mayonnaise - 3 Tbsp
- Green beans - 1 lb , trimmed
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 tsp
- Cumin, ground - 1/2 tsp
Heat oven to 375F / 190C degrees.
Toss green beans with olive oil, vinegar, cumin, and some salt and pepper. Spread out on a sheet pan. Roast until tender, 20 to 25 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through cooking.
When green beans are about halfway done roasting, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then pork. Cook without stirring until dark golden brown on the bottom. Stir and continue cooking until pork is crisp and golden brown in spots. Squeeze lemon juice over pork and season with some salt and pepper.
Toast bread and spread with mayonnaise. Fill with carnitas, tomatoes, and lettuce. Serve with green beans on the side. Enjoy!