[Leftover] Carnitas, Lettuce, and Tomato Sandwich
with green bean “fries”
- Tomatoes, medium - 2, sliced (preferably heirloom)
- Lettuce, romaine - 4 leaves, torn
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Slow-cooker carnitas (leftover from Monday) - ~3 cups
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Sandwich bread - 8 slices
- Mayonnaise - 3 Tbsp
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 tsp
- Cumin, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Heat oven to 375F / 190C degrees.
- Toss green beans with olive oil, vinegar, cumin, and some salt and pepper. Spread out on a sheet pan. Roast until tender, 20 to 25 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through cooking.
- When green beans are about halfway done roasting, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then pork. Cook without stirring until dark golden brown on the bottom. Stir and continue cooking until pork is crisp and golden brown in spots. Squeeze lemon juice over pork and season with some salt and pepper.
- Toast bread and spread with mayonnaise. Fill with carnitas, tomatoes, and lettuce. Serve with green beans on the side. Enjoy!
Sandwich was great but my green beans shriveled up and didn't do well in the oven for some reason. I wish I had pan cooked them with some garlic and olive oil.0 Helpful
Very tasty use for the leftover pork and loved the crispy pork with the Miracle Whip, tomatoes, and spinach that I used. I can't speak to the green beans though as I didn't make them.0 Helpful
Super simple and quick. Great use of leftovers as a completely different meal. Even quickened it by using steam fresh bag of green beans.0 Helpful
Made the vegetarian version, and doubled everything except the onions, and it was super tasty!! Did a red pepper tomato soup and salad with it, and had it on french sliced bread, and it was really good. Great as a leftover, I would eat this in place of tuna any day, and I love tuna. Kids would not eat it, oh well.0 Helpful
Kids loved this. Fast and easy!0 Helpful
Loved this soup!0 Helpful