Roasted Greek Tilapia with Garlic Tahini Sauce
and cucumber, tomato, and olive salad
Roasted Greek Tilapia:
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Tilapia - 1 1/2 lbs
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1 , wedges
Garlic Tahini Sauce:
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Mint - 6 leaves , finely chopped
- Tahini - 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Cucumber, Tomato, and Olive Salad:
- Onions, medium red - 1/4 , diced
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 1/2 cups , halved
- Cucumbers - 12 oz , diced
- Olives, any pre-sliced variety - 1 cup
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Baby spinach - 5 oz
- Make seasoning for fish - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Combine oregano, paprika, salt, and black pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Onions / Garlic - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mint - Chop mint. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make garlic tahini sauce - Combine garlic, mint, tahini, and lemon juice. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry. Place in a baking dish and drizzle olive oil (portion for tilapia) over top. Sprinkle seasoning over fish.
- Lemons / Tomatoes / Cucumbers - Prep as directed. Store lemon wedges in one container. Combine tomatoes and cucumbers in another container.
- Make salad - Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, onions, vinegar, and olive oil (portion for salad). Season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Transfer baking dish with fish to heated oven. Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes (depending on thickness).
- When fish is nearly finished cooking, whisk sauce. Taste sauce and add some more lemon juice, salt, or pepper.
- Toss cucumber and tomato mixture (including any liquid that has accumulated - this will serve as dressing for the salad) with baby spinach.
- Squeeze half the lemon wedges over the fish. Serve fish with sauce on top and salad and extra lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!