Greek Tilapia Tacos with Tzatziki
and cucumber and tomato salsa
These tacos are a friendly reminder that there are no rules when it comes to how you fill them! We used Greek flavor inspiration to fill these tacos with lightly seasoned fish, fresh cucumber and tomato salsa, and a super creamy yogurt sauce.
Greek Tilapia Tacos:
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Tilapia - 1 lb (sub any white fish)
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1 , wedges
- Tortillas, taco-sized flour or corn - 12
- Baby spinach - 2 oz
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Mint - 6 leaves , finely chopped
- Cucumbers - 4 oz , grated
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
Cucumber and Tomato Salsa:
- Onions, medium red - 1/4 , diced
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 1/2 cups , halved
- Cucumbers - 12 oz , diced
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Make seasoning for fish - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Combine oregano, paprika, salt, and black pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Onions / Garlic - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mint / Cucumbers (portion for tzatziki) - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make tzatziki - Combine garlic, mint, cucumbers (portion for tzatziki), yogurt, and lemon zest. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry. Place in a baking dish and drizzle olive oil (portion for tacos) over top. Sprinkle seasoning over fish.
- Lemons / Tomatoes / Cucumbers (portion for salsa) - Prep as directed. Store lemon wedges in one container. Combine tomatoes and cucumbers in another container.
- Make salsa - Combine tomatoes, cucumbers (portion for salsa), onions, vinegar, and olive oil (portion for salsa). Season with some salt and pepper.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Transfer baking dish with fish to heated oven. Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes (depending on thickness).
- When fish is finished cooking, warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Slice or shred fish into bite-sized pieces. Squeeze half the lemon wedges over the fish.
- Assemble tacos by filling tortillas with spinach, fish, tzatziki, and some salsa. Serve any remaining salsa and lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!