Greek Tilapia Tacos with Tzatziki and cucumber and tomato salsa
These tacos are a friendly reminder that there are no rules when it comes to how you fill them! We used Greek flavor inspiration to fill these tacos with lightly seasoned fish, fresh cucumber and tomato salsa, and a super creamy yogurt sauce.
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Tilapia - 1 lb (sub any white fish)
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1, wedges
- Tortillas, taco-sized flour or corn - 12
- Baby spinach - 2 oz
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Mint - 6 leaves, finely chopped
- Cucumbers - 4 oz, grated
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- Onions, medium red - 1/4, diced
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 1/2 cups, halved
- Cucumbers - 12 oz, diced
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Make seasoning for fish - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Combine oregano, paprika, salt, and black pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Onions / Garlic - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mint / Cucumbers (portion for tzatziki) - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make tzatziki - Combine garlic, mint, cucumbers (portion for tzatziki), yogurt, and lemon zest. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry. Place in a baking dish and drizzle olive oil (portion for tacos) over top. Sprinkle seasoning over fish.
- Lemons / Tomatoes / Cucumbers (portion for salsa) - Prep as directed. Store lemon wedges in one container. Combine tomatoes and cucumbers in another container.
- Make salsa - Combine tomatoes, cucumbers (portion for salsa), onions, vinegar, and olive oil (portion for salsa). Season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Transfer baking dish with fish to heated oven. Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes (depending on thickness).
- When fish is finished cooking, warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Slice or shred fish into bite-sized pieces. Squeeze half the lemon wedges over the fish.
- Assemble tacos by filling tortillas with spinach, fish, tzatziki, and some salsa. Serve any remaining salsa and lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!
Yum! The tzatziki nicely balanced the spice/salt in the fish. If you do the chopping ahead of time, this comes together very quickly.0 Helpful
Easy but the fish was kind of meh, and this dish needed a starch.0 Helpful
We did a combo of the GF and Vegetarian options. Used store bought tzatziki to save time and really enjoyed the meal overall. Wasn't sure about the corn tortillas at first, but they really worked. Only other comment was it seemed to make a LOT of salsa in comparison to the chickpeas, but i'm sure we'll make good use of the leftovers.0 Helpful
This was just OK. We felt it could have been bulked up with some hummus? We ended up using pita bread because we thought tortillas would be odd here.0 Helpful
pretty good but not awesome0 Helpful
Fish tacos were so fast and yummy!0 Helpful