Stuffed Portobellos with Tomato Pesto
and roasted green beans
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto:
- Sun-dried tomatoes in oil - 1/2 cup , drained and rinsed
- Garlic - 1 clove , peeled
- Pecan halves - 1/4 cup
- Cheese, parmesan (opt) - 2 Tbsp
- Arugula - 1/2 oz
- Oil, olive - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Water - 1 Tbsp
Green Beans with Almonds:
- Green beans - 1 lb , trimmed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Almonds, slivered - 1/4 cup (sub pecans)
Stuffed Portobellos with Tomato Pesto and Panko:
- Cheese, fontina - 3 oz , shredded (sub provolone or mozzarella)
- Sun-dried Tomato Pesto (ingredients listed separately) - ~3/4 cup
- Mushrooms, portobello - 4 , stems removed
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/4 cup
- Make pesto - (Double if making Thursday’s meal.) Drain and rinse tomatoes. Peel garlic. Place all pesto ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until thickened. If it doesn’t blend easily, add more water a bit at a time. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green beans - Trim green beans. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cheese - Grate cheese. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make mushroom filling - Combine cheese and pesto (portion for tonight’s meal; reserve half if doubled). (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Mushrooms - Remove stems. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Toss green beans with cooking oil and season with some salt and pepper. Spread beans out onto one side of a sheet pan. Place mushrooms onto second half of sheet pan (use two sheet pans if it won't fit easily). Brush mushrooms on both sides with some oil. Transfer pan to oven and roast until mushrooms are starting to soften, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. If mushrooms have released a lot of moisture, blot them with paper towels until dry. Spoon in cheese and pesto filling. Top with panko breadcrumbs, pressing breadcrumbs lightly into the filling.
- Return pan to oven and continue roasting until green beans are tender and cheese is melted, 10 to 12 minutes more.
- Toss green beans with lemon juice and almonds.
- Serve mushrooms with green beans on the side. Enjoy!