Marinara Chicken with Toasted Pecan Topping
and roasted broccoli
- Basil - 8 leaves, chiffonade
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Chicken tenders - 1 1/2 lbs (sub boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips)
- Marinara sauce - 1 cup (use your favorite store-bought)
- Pecans - 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Broccoli florets - 12 oz
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss broccoli and garlic (portion for broccoli) with cooking oil (portion for broccoli). Season with some salt and pepper. Spread out on a sheet pan.
- Transfer broccoli to the oven and roast, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, until broccoli is tender and starting to brown on the edges, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While broccoli is roasting, heat a large oven-safe skillet with cooking oil (portion for chicken) over medium-high heat. Add chicken tenders and sear on both sides until nearly cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes total. Season chicken on both sides with some salt and pepper as it cooks.
- Move skillet off the heat. Spoon marinara sauce over and around chicken.
- In a small bowl, stir together pecans, garlic (portion for pecan topping), Italian seasoning, and olive oil.
- Top chicken and marinara with seasoned pecans. Transfer skillet to oven and continue cooking until the pecan topping is lightly toasted, 8 to 10 minutes more. (Broccoli and chicken should finish cooking around the same time.)
- Serve saucy chicken with basil on top and broccoli on the side. Enjoy!
So so so so good! Would def make again! Better than any homemade chicken Parmesan I’ve ever had1 Helpful
Loved it but I over cooked the chicken so next time I’ll be more careful to remove it from the heat earlier.0 Helpful
Easy and tasty!0 Helpful
Nice and simple dinner. Tasted great and looked amazing.0 Helpful
SO easy and sooo tasty!!!0 Helpful
Love this quick version of chicken parm!! Sooo easy and always comes out so good!0 Helpful
So easy and delicious!0 Helpful