Weeknight Chicken Parmesan
with pasta / broccoli
- Cheese, fresh mozzarella - 3 oz, sliced (sub pre-shredded mozzarella)
- Basil - 8 leaves, chiffonade
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Chicken tenders - 1 lb (sub boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips)
- Marinara sauce - 1 cup (use your favorite store-bought)
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Cheese, parmesan (opt) - 2 oz, grated (plus extra for serving)
- Panko breadcrumbs, gluten-free - 1/2 cup
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Broccoli florets - 12 oz
- Pasta, any gluten-free - 8 oz
- Turn on the oven’s broiler.
- Bring a large stock pot of salted water to boil.
- While water is heating up, heat a large oven-safe skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken tenders and sear on both sides until just cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes total. Season chicken on both sides with some salt and pepper as it cooks.
- Move skillet off the heat. Spoon marinara sauce over and around chicken.
- Return to the stockpot of water (which should be boiling by now) and add pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions. About 1 minute before the pasta is finished cooking, add broccoli.
- In a small bowl, stir together garlic, Parmesan cheese, panko, Italian seasoning, and olive oil.
- Top chicken and marinara with mozzarella cheese slices and then with seasoned panko. Transfer skillet to oven and broil until cheese is melted and panko is golden, 4 to 5 minutes. (Note: Watch the skillet closely to prevent burning the panko.)
- Drain pasta and broccoli.
- Serve chicken and sauce over pasta and broccoli with basil on top. Serve some extra sauce on the side if you like a more saucy pasta. Enjoy!
So so so so good! Would def make again! Better than any homemade chicken Parmesan I’ve ever had1 Helpful
Loved it but I over cooked the chicken so next time I’ll be more careful to remove it from the heat earlier.0 Helpful
Easy and tasty!0 Helpful
Nice and simple dinner. Tasted great and looked amazing.0 Helpful
SO easy and sooo tasty!!!0 Helpful
Love this quick version of chicken parm!! Sooo easy and always comes out so good!0 Helpful
So easy and delicious!0 Helpful