Breakfast Tacos with Chimichurri
and avocados / corn and black bean salsa
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Eggs - 8
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 8
- Chimichurri sauce (ingredients listed separately) - 1/3 cup
- Jalapenos - 1, diced
- Corn, frozen or canned - 1 1/2 cups
- Beans, black (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Cilantro - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Parsley - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Shallots - 2 cloves
- Capers - 1 Tbsp, drained and rinsed
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1/4 cup (plus more if needed)
- Make chimichurri sauce - (Double if making Thursday’s meal.) Combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, shallots, capers, vinegar, lime juice (portion for chimichurri), salt, and oil (portion for chimichurri) in a blender or a food processor. Add more oil if it’s too thick. Season to taste with more salt or lime juice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Jalapenos - Dice jalapenos. (Remove seeds if you prefer less spice.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Corn - Defrost if using frozen. Drain and rinse if using canned.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Avocados - Slice avocados.
- Eggs - Whisk eggs.
- Combine jalapenos, corn, beans, and lime juice (portion for salsa) in a serving bowl. Season with some salt and pepper. Add some extra lime juice if you’d like.
- Heat a nonstick pan with oil (portion for tacos) over medium heat. Add eggs and scramble until cooked to your liking. In the last minute of cooking, season with some salt and pepper.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Assemble tacos by filling tortillas with eggs, avocados, salsa, and chimichurri (reserve half if doubled). Serve any extra salsa on the side. Enjoy!
Really tasty but the chimichurri had way too much shallot for my taste. I had to nearly double the other ingredients to get to something that didn’t make my eyes water!2 Helpful
Didn’t make the chimichurri to save time. Just used store bought salsa.0 Helpful
Came together quickly. Tasty0 Helpful
Tasted great. I put the jalapeños on the side as I have an 8 year old who doesn’t like spicy things. He loved the salsa just with corn/beans/lime juice/seasoning and the family spice lovers could still enjoy the jalapeños that way. Recommend this one for sure!0 Helpful
Very tasty! For the chimichurri, we didn't use capers and greatly reduced the oil. Didn't use jalapeños in the salsa.0 Helpful
I enjoyed these tacos. The only thing that keeps this from being 5 stars is the salsa, which I found to be pretty bland. The meal did taste good with all of the elements put together though.0 Helpful
This was absolutely delicious! The first night we had tacos and the second we made salads. Both versions were soooo good 😋0 Helpful