Larb Lettuce Cups
with mango coconut smoothie
Larb is a minced Thai-style salad made with ground meat, aromatics, and fresh herbs. For this fresh twist on lettuce wraps, you can make the larb ahead of time and just set out all of the toppings when you're ready to serve the wraps.
Larb Lettuce Cups:
- Ginger, fresh - 1 Tbsp , diced
- Garlic - 3 cloves , chopped
- Carrots - 5 oz , shredded (look for pre-shredded)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Turkey, ground - 1 1/2 lbs
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro leaves - 1/4 cup , chopped
- Cucumbers - 6 oz , matchsticks
- Lettuce, green leaf - 12 leaves
- Fish sauce - 1 tsp
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/2 tsp
Honey Aminos Dipping Sauce:
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Water - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds, white (opt) - 1/2 tsp
Mango Coconut Smoothie:
- Coconut milk, light (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can
- Mango cubes, fresh or frozen - 1 lb (sub any tropical fruit like pineapple)
- Ice cubes - 2 cups (omit if using frozen fruit)
- Ginger / Garlic / Carrots (if not pre-shredded) - Prep as directed. Combine ginger and garlic. Store carrots separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make dipping sauce - Whisk together aminos, vinegar, water, honey, hot sauce, and sesame seeds. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cook turkey - Heat a skillet with oil over medium heat. Add turkey, ginger, garlic, and salt. Saute until turkey is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cilantro / Cucumbers / Lettuce - Prep as directed. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make smoothie - Combine coconut milk, mango, and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add some water if the smoothie is too thick to blend easily.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- If turkey was cooked ahead, heat it in the microwave until warm. Stir in cilantro, fish sauce, lime juice, and red pepper flakes (if using). Taste and season with some more fish sauce, lime juice, or red pepper flakes if needed. Set aside.
- Set out all of the fillings for your lettuce wraps - turkey, carrots, cucumbers, and dipping sauce.
- Assemble lettuce wraps at the table and serve with dipping sauce. Enjoy smoothie on the side.