Indian Shrimp Saute
with peas / bell peppers / zucchini noodles
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, cubed
- Peas, fresh or frozen - 3/4 cup
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Indian Butter Curry Sauce (leftover from Tuesday) - 1 1/2 cups
- Cilantro leaves - 2 Tbsp, leaves torn
- Almonds, sliced or slivered - 1/4 cup
- Zucchini - 1 lb, spiralized, sliced into noodles with a peeler, or cubed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and pat dry.
- Bell peppers - Cube bell peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Zucchini - Turn zucchini into 'noodles' with a spiralizer or peel off strips with a peeler. (Note: If you prefer, you can also just cube the zucchini.) (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Peas - If using frozen peas, heat in the microwave or run under warm water to defrost.
- Heat a wok with oil (portion for zucchini) over medium heat. Saute zucchini until tender, 1 to 2 minutes for zucchini noodles or 3 to 4 minutes for cubed zucchini. Season with some salt and transfer to a serving plate.
- Return wok to heat and add oil (portion for saute).
- Add bell peppers with some salt. Saute until bell peppers are starting to turn tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and saute for 1 minute more.
- Add Indian Butter Curry Sauce and peas. Bring sauce to a simmer and simmer until shrimp is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Serve shrimp saute over zucchini noodles. Tear cilantro leaves and scatter them over the saute. Finish with almonds on top. Enjoy!
Loved this and the butter chicken it depends on. Great sauce! Both kids enjoyed it too.0 Helpful
I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would at first. I agree that it was a very easy meal given the pre-made sauce. I didn't have any peas, so I had to use some spinach, but that seemed fine to me.0 Helpful
So good! Really fast and yummy when the sauce is already made. The peas really added to the consistency.0 Helpful
This was not a hit with the kids, I thought it was pretty good, and the husband really liked it. I do like how easily it came together, with the sauce having been made earlier. We added tomatoes and onions to our pizzas, since it just seemed to plain otherwise. I think having a protein on it would have been nice and I love veggie meals.0 Helpful
With the dependency, this came together super quick and it was delicious.0 Helpful
Excellent. I suggest brushing the naan base with some oil to prevent the sauce from making it soggy. Sprinkle some fresh curry powder on top before putting it in the oven. Quick-pickled onions thrown on before serving kick this up a notch, if you’re into that.0 Helpful