Indian Naan Pizza with Peas and Bell Peppers
with romaine salad
The Cook Smarts team tried Indian Pizza at our last team retreat and it inspired us to add this totally unique pizza to this week's meal plan. With leftover Indian-spiced sauce from earlier in the week and naan as the base, these pizzas come together super fast.
Indian Naan Pizza:
- Bell peppers, any color - 1 , thinly sliced
- Cheese, mozzarella - 8 oz , shredded or thinly sliced
- Peas, fresh or frozen - 3/4 cup
- Naan - 4 rounds (sub any flatbread)
- Indian Butter Curry Sauce (leftover from Tuesday) - 1 1/2 cups
- Cilantro leaves - 2 Tbsp , leaves torn
Romaine Salad with Curry Vinaigrette:
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Curry powder, mild - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Lettuce, romaine - 6 oz , chopped
- Bell peppers / Cheese - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed and store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar, mustard, honey, and curry powder. Add cooking oil while whisking. Season with some salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce - Chop lettuce. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Peas - If using frozen peas, heat in the microwave or run under warm water to defrost.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Brush a sheet pan with some oil. (Use two sheet pans if all of the naan won’t fit without overlapping.)
- Place naan in a single layer on prepared sheet pan and bake for 5 minutes to crisp up (this will help keep them from getting soggy from the toppings).
- Spread Indian Butter Curry Sauce over top of naan. Top with bell peppers, cheese, and peas.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly, 8 to 12 minutes.
- When pizza is nearly finished, toss lettuce in vinaigrette.
- Tear off cilantro leaves and scatter them over the pizza. Slice pizza and serve with salad on the side. Enjoy!