Indian Naan Pizza with Peas and Bell Pepperswith romaine salad
The Cook Smarts team tried Indian Pizza at our last team retreat and it inspired us to add this totally unique pizza to this week's meal plan. With leftover Indian-spiced sauce from earlier in the week and naan as the base, these pizzas come together super fast.
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, thinly sliced
- Cheese, mozzarella - 8 oz, shredded or thinly sliced
- Peas, fresh or frozen - 3/4 cup
- Naan - 4 rounds (sub any flatbread)
- Indian Butter Curry Sauce (leftover from Tuesday) - 1 1/2 cups
- Cilantro leaves - 2 Tbsp, leaves torn
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Curry powder, mild - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Lettuce, romaine - 6 oz, chopped
- Bell peppers / Cheese - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed and store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar, mustard, honey, and curry powder. Add cooking oil while whisking. Season with some salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce - Chop lettuce. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Peas - If using frozen peas, heat in the microwave or run under warm water to defrost.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Brush a sheet pan with some oil. (Use two sheet pans if all of the naan won’t fit without overlapping.)
- Place naan in a single layer on prepared sheet pan and bake for 5 minutes to crisp up (this will help keep them from getting soggy from the toppings).
- Spread Indian Butter Curry Sauce over top of naan. Top with bell peppers, cheese, and peas.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly, 8 to 12 minutes.
- When pizza is nearly finished, toss lettuce in vinaigrette.
- Tear off cilantro leaves and scatter them over the pizza. Slice pizza and serve with salad on the side. Enjoy!
I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would at first. I agree that it was a very easy meal given the pre-made sauce. I didn't have any peas, so I had to use some spinach, but that seemed fine to me.0 Helpful
So good! Really fast and yummy when the sauce is already made. The peas really added to the consistency.0 Helpful
This was not a hit with the kids, I thought it was pretty good, and the husband really liked it. I do like how easily it came together, with the sauce having been made earlier. We added tomatoes and onions to our pizzas, since it just seemed to plain otherwise. I think having a protein on it would have been nice and I love veggie meals.0 Helpful
With the dependency, this came together super quick and it was delicious.0 Helpful
Excellent. I suggest brushing the naan base with some oil to prevent the sauce from making it soggy. Sprinkle some fresh curry powder on top before putting it in the oven. Quick-pickled onions thrown on before serving kick this up a notch, if you’re into that.0 Helpful
Can't wait to make this again! Loved by everyone, toddler included.0 Helpful