Spring Tortellini with Cream Sauce and pancetta / mushrooms / peas
- Pancetta - 4 oz, chopped (look for pre-chopped to save time)
- Shallots - 2 cloves, diced
- Pasta, tortellini - 12 oz (sub any fun pasta shape)
- Mushrooms, any button - 8 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Peas, fresh or frozen - 1 cup
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Flour, all-purpose - 2 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 3/4 cup
- Half and half - 3/4 cup
- Lemon zest - 1 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Cheese, parmesan (opt) - 1 oz, grated
- Pancetta / Shallots - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pasta - Boil pasta according to package directions. If prepping ahead, toss with some oil to prevent it from sticking. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Mushrooms - Slice mushrooms (if not pre-sliced). (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Peas - If using frozen peas, heat in the microwave or run under warm water to defrost.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add butter and then pancetta and mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms are deep golden brown and tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with some salt and set aside. Return pan to heat.
- To heated pan, add oil and then shallots. Saute until shallots are nearly soft, ~2 minutes. Stir in Italian seasoning and flour until no dry spots remain.
- Pour stock into pan while whisking. Bring to a simmer. When stock is simmering, pour half and half into pan and simmer. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, 2 to 3 more minutes. If using fresh peas, add them at the same time as the half and half. If using frozen peas, add them after the sauce thickens.
- Stir pasta, pancetta, and mushrooms into sauce. Taste and season with some salt, if needed.
- Top pasta with lemon zest, black pepper, and grated cheese. Enjoy!
I made this a couple of weeks ago and we loved it. Used bacon instead of pancetta bc corona times. I have boys who are big protein eaters, so I added grilled chicken. Still delicious.0 Helpful
Giving it 4 stars as it was very easy to make. I feel like it's missing something not sure what. I did add Garlic to it.0 Helpful
Tasty and simple to make0 Helpful
Delicious, and if you have pre-chopped pancetta and pre-sliced mushrooms, it comes together quite quickly.0 Helpful
So easy and delicious! Used regular onion and added some asparagus for fun...0 Helpful
This was good but a little too heavy for me.0 Helpful