Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables with Lemon Butter
and fried egg / quinoa
- Sweet potatoes - 1 lb, cubed
- Carrots - 1 lb, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Radishes - 10, halved
- Green onions - 2 stalks, finely chopped, green and white parts combined
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Quinoa, uncooked - 3/4 cup
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cup
- Quinoa - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating / vegetables roasting before starting quinoa.) Combine quinoa with stock in a saucepan. Add some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Sweet potatoes / Carrots / Garlic - Prep as directed. Combine sweet potatoes and carrots. Store garlic separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make lemon butter - Defrost butter in the microwave just until soft, ~10 seconds. Stir in garlic, lemon juice, honey, and mustard. If using unsalted butter, add some salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Radishes - Slice off ends and then cut in half (this video shows how to slice - stop at the halving step). (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Green onions - Chop, combining green and white parts.
- Heat oven to 425F / 215C.
- If lemon butter was refrigerated, warm it in the microwave until pourable. Toss sweet potatoes, carrots, and radishes in lemon butter. Season with some salt and pepper. Spread vegetables out on a sheet pan. Roast vegetables, shaking pan halfway through cooking, until tender, 22 to 25 minutes.
- When vegetables are nearly finished, heat a nonstick pan with oil over medium heat. Crack eggs into heated oil and fry on one side for sunny-side up or flip for over-easy.
- If quinoa was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve fried egg over vegetables and quinoa. Season with some salt and pepper and top with green onions. Serve with some hot sauce if you’d like.
Delicious and very flavorful. Lemon butter is very rich.0 Helpful
Absolutely delicious, the flavors of the salad complimented the chicken and veggies perfectly!0 Helpful
Excellent! Easy and tasty. I've come to really enjoy roasted radishes (I really do not like them raw).0 Helpful
Loved this! I radishes at my grocery this trip, so i subbed potatoes and it went really well. Definitely will make again!0 Helpful
Quick and easy, minimal cleanup! I used parsnips instead of radishes because of availability, and added Italian seasoning to the veggies off someone else's review.0 Helpful
Served with sriracha and plain Greek yogurt. It was good but nothing mind blowing. Would make again in a pinch but I’d skip the radishes.0 Helpful